• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comic/Videogame book movies

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Some of the best comic book movies are (in no particular order)
-The Avengers
-Blade II
-X2: X-Men United
-Superman I and Superman II
-Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2/ The Amazing Spider-Man (while undeniably flawed I'm a massive Spidey fan and I personally enjoyed the stuff done in Amazing. I appreciated it and the cast is just so much better. This franchise can compete with Raimi's if it doesn't lose its way)
-Batman
-Batman Begins
-The Dark Knight
-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (best Batman movie period)
-Watchmen
-Iron Man
-Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
-Dredd
-Captain America: The First Avenger

Honorable mention:
-Daredevil (I don't understand why people don't like this movie. I love the character and I haven't met anyone who thinks it's bad yet, the overall consesus is that this movie is bad? I don't get it. Daredevil was pretty cool)

-Green Lantern PFFFTTTT NO! LOL just kidding

Also while not based on a comic book I just have to say The Incredibles is one of the greatest superhero movies of all time.

VIDEO GAMES:
-Mortal Kombat (best video game movie)
-Wreck It- Ralph
-Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
-Street Fighter (so bad it's awesome. And Raul Julia is the best Bison EVER!)
-Super Mario Bros. (Another movie that's just fun to watch. I know it isn't the ideal Mario movie. Still fun to watch and entertaining.)
-Resident Evil: Damnation
-Final Fantasy: Advent Children

There really aren't many decent video game movies. :/

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
-Green Lantern PFFFTTTT NO! LOL just kidding

There really aren't many decent video game movies. :/

i dunno why people don't like green lantern. i'm pretty ignorant towards the character outside of burce timm's DCAU and the green lantern series, but i think it was ok. as for videogame movies, i feel as if prince of persia is the best yet. but there are plenty that are good. i'm not just limiting this to "official movies". i'm talking webseries and fan made movies as well

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
i dunno why people don't like green lantern. i'm pretty ignorant towards the character outside of burce timm's DCAU and the green lantern series, but i think it was ok. as for videogame movies, i feel as if prince of persia is the best yet. but there are plenty that are good. i'm not just limiting this to "official movies". i'm talking webseries and fan made movies as well
I've seen some decent fan made films on Youtube. Silent Hill Anniversary was a short fan made Machinama film better than both of the Hollywood movies.

If Red Vs. Blue counts then that totally is awesome. You know I can;t believe I forgot this. Halo: Forward Unto Dawn was arguably the best thing out of Halo since Halo 2. Better than the last 3 video games at least. Forward Unto Dawn was actually quite good.

As for Green Lanter, that movie was bad. I like Ryan Renolds a lot so him playing Hal Jordan was great but, it just ultimately wasn;t that good. It was ok at best but, turning Parallax in to the giant fart cloud was like that stupid move Fantastic Four 2 made with Gallactus. Maybe I'm being to harsh on Green Lantern though because it isn't the worst comic book movie I've ever seen. I'm more angry at other movies like X-Men 3 and Spider-Man 3 when I think about it.

Top Bottom