• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Comic Level Power

Nessy

So...what do you think is the weakest marvel/dc character that could defeat:

1. Dante
2. Dante, Nero and Vergil
3. Every main character, boss and 50 of every normal demon in the games at the same time?

So remember, the weakest that could do it, no need to pick stupidly powerful heros here.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'll start us off then... can spiderman kill dante?

Probably not. Spiderman's webbing is unusually strong and can hold down even the Hulk for a while, but Dante's sword is sharp as hell. He could just shift with his sword on his back and probably cut Spiderman's webbing.

Honestly, I think the weakest character that could defeat Dante would be Magneto. All of Dante's attacks make use of metal in some way, be it a sword, a gauntlet, or guns. So Magneto would be able to nullify all of that.

Nessy

What about the human torch, he is incredibly fast and can create a crazy amount of heat.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What about the human torch, he is incredibly fast and can create a crazy amount of heat.

Yes, IIRC he can create an amount of heat that equals that of a supernova. Dante would be screwed if the Human Torch did that, BUT the Earth or whatever planet/plane of existence they're on would be screwed too.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't this kind of count as a 'Versus' Thread? If not, I do apologize.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I guess it does, is there a section for that or something?

Versus threads are actually not allowed by the staff... They cause arguments. I didn't really think this was a versus thread but I guess it is, now that I look at it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i dunno what can kill dante, he's very overpowered but i think (not marvel or DC) bayonetta would kick his ass hehehehhehe

Asmodaius

Dante is close to immortal. He can take ALOT of beating without even taking a scratch. Not even the Hulk can take on as much as Dante can and stay completely unharmed. My only suggestion to who might be able to defeat Dante would be Superman, but shove some kryptonite up his ass and Dante would beat the crap out of him... So yeah, I dunno...

Bayonetta is a good suggestion though, even if she isn't really a comicbook character. She's more intelligent than Dante, has more power than him and might be the only one who can take him on in a fight, one on one. Of course their fight will be in Dragonball Z proportions and take several days, maybe even weeks or months before a winner would be found, but I do believe that Bayonetta will stand as the victor in the end.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante is close to immortal. He can take ALOT of beating without even taking a scratch. Not even the Hulk can take on as much as Dante can and stay completely unharmed. My only suggestion to who might be able to defeat Dante would be Superman, but shove some kryptonite up his ass and Dante would beat the crap out of him... So yeah, I dunno...

Bayonetta is a good suggestion though, even if she isn't really a comicbook character. She's more intelligent than Dante, has more power than him and might be the only one who can take him on in a fight, one on one. Of course their fight will be in Dragonball Z proportions and take several days, maybe even weeks or months before a winner would be found, but I do believe that Bayonetta will stand as the victor in the end.
thats if dante doesnt get those panties first;)

Nessy

lol, of course superman could defeat dante, that is a bit ridiculous lol. He has moved planets, he could knock dante into space, he could rip him in half before dante could blink.

Of course there are thousands (technically millions) of beings more powerful than even superman in the comics, but I don't think that dantes resistance to damage constitutes invincibility. In the gameplay he dies all the time (unless you are me), he gets knocked out and slowed down often. There is no way he is even as resistant as deadpool, whom couldn't even last a millionth of a second against superman.

Superman is a pretty boring hero though, I'm more of a fan of intelligent characters so I actually like it when he gets his ass handed to him by a normal human...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
lol, of course superman could defeat dante, that is a bit ridiculous lol. He has moved planets, he could knock dante into space, he could rip him in half before dante could blink.

Of course there are thousands (technically millions) of beings more powerful than even superman in the comics, but I don't think that dantes resistance to damage constitutes invincibility. In the gameplay he dies all the time (unless you are me), he gets knocked out and slowed down often. There is no way he is even as resistant as deadpool, whom couldn't even last a millionth of a second against superman.

Superman is a pretty boring hero though, I'm more of a fan of intelligent characters so I actually like it when he gets his ass handed to him by a normal human...

Dante does indeed have limits. The health bar you get is meant to represent the extent of Dante's regeneration abilities. When it runs out, Dante can no longer regenerate, and is thus basically as strong as a normal human at that point.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Versus threads are actually not allowed by the staff... They cause arguments. I didn't really think this was a versus thread but I guess it is, now that I look at it.

You're right, they do usually cause arguments. People get swayed by their fan-ism towards a character and then usually brag about how they would beat 'so and so'. I won't ruin the fun though, I'm just agreeing with you. I wouldn't want this to turn nasty or anything.

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DEADPOOL FTW!! oh wait weakest? ..............................................................Fantomex?

lolz imagine if Dante got a Kryptonite sword

Yeah, I'm partially responsible for that, sorry >.<
i also didn't realize i just quoted u n u kno EXACTLY what happened XD

Top Bottom