• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chocobo's, or Moogle's? Which is better?

ResaMoon

*DJ Blow My Speakers Up*
I like both. Moogles are cute, and Chocobos are just epic! How can't you love them both? :D

Owl-Boy-forever

Shaikan darkness warrior
you got a good point there, but still, you don't see much chocobos in other games, like kingdom hearts.

NOTE: the reason why i like moogles is NOT because they're in KH

Owl-Boy-forever

Shaikan darkness warrior
Owl-Boy-forever;233764 said:
you got a good point there, but still, you don't see much chocobos in other games, like kingdom hearts.

NOTE: the reason why i like moogles is NOT because they're in KH

PLUS moogles can talk!

CloudStryker

Surviving
^ Dude, just use the edit button instead of double posting. :p
Personaly I find it hard to decide as well moogles are handy for battle, and chocobo's are great for travel (and recently for finding tresure).
But I'll have to go for Chocobo's for the reasons above and, in the words of Resa Moon: Chocobo's are just epic. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Owl-Boy-forever;233765 said:
PLUS moogles can talk!

I've never seen a moogle with voice acting though.

Chocobo's came first in FFII, moogles didn't come until FFIII where they were there for a short moment I think.

Chocobo's have their own theme, remixed through each game, Moogles doesn't appear through all FF games, but they come in more varieties.

Ivalice moogles is my favorite type of moogles. Engineers building airship and most technology while actually wearing clothes and has those extra fluffy pompoms on their heads!

There were no moogles in FFVIII but the summon. (points at my avatar)

The moogles where used as save points and had the mognet sidequest in FFIX.

In FFVII there were only one coming with the chocobo as a summon. (Chocobo + Mog!)

Dissidia rehashed the Mognet for mogs like Stiltzkin and Mogkin to post to you each day.

Mog was a playable character in FFVI but came kinda sudden and don't have much story.

In FFX moogles came as a weapon in Doll design for Lulu.

There are moogles in FFXI too I think but haven't played so I don't know.

FFXIII has Moogle dolls that can be sold for... 12000gil if I'm not mistaken.

Let's check the chocobos:

First came in FFII with an extremely repetetive theme, annoying theme! But didn't have much uses throughout the game as there is only one chocobo forest in the whole game.

FFIII had chocobos, I'm not well informed about the chocobos in there but I think they got a less repetetive theme and had multiple places where you could catch them. Floating continent had one chocobo forest if I remember correctly.

FFIV had chocobos, now in multiple color and their theme got a music category to, samba! Black chocobo, white chocobo and the regular chocobo and I'm not sure if there was a fat chocobo in the original but maybe.

FFV, Butz/Bartz best friend and travelling companion in the beginning of the game was his chocobo called Boko. He ditched it and left out for a journey to save the world never caring for it again... I think there may have been other chocobos during the game that could be catched, but I dunno since I haven't played. Mambo was the theme here.

FFVI, chocobos had the awesome techno theme, it was trying to show the game in a more 3rd person perspective while riding, not so succesful but it worked. Nothing much more to add.

FFVII, chocobos has racing tracks! You can race with them, you can breed them, name them, train them, and catch wild ones. Here chocobos is important to get the best stuff in the game. Lots of themes, to much to add.

FFVIII, chocobo forest quest which ended with you getting a mini chocobo following you through the world map and a chocobo card. You could also catch them and ride them with an unique and new catching method. Also had the chocobo world added in the game for the fellow japanese to play, not that funny, really. Mods de chocobo was the theme in this one, and Odeka De Chocobo for the chocobo world.

FFIX, Chocobo, hot and cold, Chocobo heaven, etc. Too much to add, need some treasure? Want to meet Ozma? Take your chocobo for treasure hunting and lots of sidequests. Why, this theme is soft and nice, Ukule de chocobo.

FFX, yet again, you could play through mini games with chocobos. Needed to get Tidus ultimate weapon Caladbolg. Brass de chocobo, a little different theme from the others in my opinion but just as good as a theme.

FFXI, haven't checked nor played.

FFXII, a mark to kill the trickster, a shiny giant white chocobo. There were wild chocobos that for the first time, you could kill! You could also rent chocobos at stables right before the exit in most cities.

FFXIII, two kinds of chocobos, Cocoon and Pulse chocobos, that includes two themes. One more jazzy for the Pulse chocobos and one more Jpop like for the Cocoon chocobos. Sazh has a chocobo chick living in his afro. A kind of dull and random Chocobo treasure hunting sidequest were made too. Cocoon chocobos only appeared in chapter 7 though, and you could never ride them, but there theme is AWESOME.

Chocobos also has spin-off games such as Chocobo Tales and Chocobo Dungeon.

Chocobos are more popular but I find them both equally awesome and both major trademarks throughout FF.

That took me some time to write...

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Both of them are Final Fantasy™ Trademark
but I like Chocobo, especially looks like Cloud hair style:lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
AzureNight13;234158 said:
Hard choice..... But I just might be towards Chocobos. :lol:

But the moogles?!

Stiltzkin, Mog, Montblanc, Sorbet, etc, what about them?
I always remember Sorbet at the entrance to Rabanastre from Westersand, the one who posted the bill on the mark White mousse. Lulz...

Montblanc:
"Your a knight of the round already?! You have really been burning on the midnight oil!"

I never understood that. But it's always epic.

aka958

Don't trust people
DreadnoughtDT;234320 said:
I say Moogles. If they didn't save your hide in FFVI, I would never have beaten the game.

Ohh yeah, but that is only because it's set in the storyline. In FFIV you couldn't get to that cave with the dark elf without a black chocobo. You couldn't get Mime and other AWESOME materias in FFVII without chocobos. Without a chocobo in FFXIII your even more limited on how much you can explore. Without a chocobo in FFX you can't get caladbolg. No chocobos in FFIX and your in for a little harder playthrough. Without chocobos in FFVII you can't get past the trench were the midgar zolom is.

You get my point, I believe. Anyways, moogles looks awesome and got that awesome "kupo" sound. Chocobos looks awesome and got that awesome "kweh" sound.

For me, it's even, still.

Top Bottom