• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Chickens (male) killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
This isn't anything new. It's been going on for ages. They don't need the males, so they're killed. Sadly that's what happens. If you don't want it to happen, don't eat eggs or chicken.

It happens in other commercial animal breeding too. Females are more prized than males due to breeding. You only need one or two males, take a sample, and then breed as many females as you want.

That sort of thing even happens without human intervention. Male spiders get killed after breeding. There's a mouse species where the male dies after mating with as many females as he can....kinda depressing.

Is this on okay video to have on the forum? You know, just in case younger members see.... :/

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I was hoping there could be an alterantiv way to get ride of them without killing them :S
I don't know what could be done. From a commerical breeding perspective, males are an unwanted byproduct of the chicken farming industry.

Because there are so many males, it's not like they could send them all to a big farm until the grew up and died. It would cost too much, plus I'm pretty sure all those males together would start fighting.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
This is a little depressing man, you might want to watch what you put on the forum. Someone really sensitive to this kind of stuff might see this. Some people can't handle stuff like this...

But as much as I hate to say this, this sort of has to be done. What else would they do with this massive amount of male chickens? It would cost FAR too much to really do anything else with them, considering the massive amounts of them that hatch everyday.

DanteStyle

但丁是我的
The human race is a disgrace.
Next time post the link to the video instead of the actual video and give a good warning about the contents, too.
-edit-
AND STAY AWAY FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I was hoping there could be an alterantiv way to get ride of them without killing them :S
Yeah so what ? stop eating meat and hope that the whole world stops eating meat too the problem would be solved in a year if that happens other than that you're just being awfully impractical.
The human race is a disgrace.
Next time post the link to the video instead of the actual video and give a good warning about the contents, too.
-edit-
AND STAY AWAY FROM THE WRONG SIDE OF YOUTUBE!
The only thing which is a disgrace is ignorance and fascism.

Nature is freaking cruel and it makes factory farming look like a walk in the park just put on animal planet or discovery channel or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom