• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Character design throughout the games....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've just been having a conversation 'cuz someone asked me what my favorite DMC game was - I could analyse for ages what I love about each game and thought it would be interesting to ask everyone elses opinions about the character design in each game.....

(I hope this makes sense?)

* My favourite is 3 definitely, however I wasn't so keen on Dante's character design. (Vergil made up for it)

* Then I love the first one, but not my fave design (I appreciate it was the first game and yes he looks fabulous, but I'm comparing this to sequels)

* Then DMC 4 - I really like his style in this one.

* Then DMC 2 - however I absolutley love his character design in this one <------*points to avatar and screams * (I remember when the game first came out and me and other fangirls having a hissy fit on another forum.)

So the order in which I like to play the games is completely opposite to what I like about the way Dante looks - does that make sense?

I go from not saying much at all to posting random crap! - I need to find a healthy balance! But for now what does anyone else think? About the character deisgn, not attitude.....? I'm interested....

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
In 2 pretty much everything about his character design just said "badass" even the way he moved and his battle crys.

But my favorite look for Dante was the one he never got to sport. That costume you can unlock in DMC3 that I suppose you could call 'coatless DMC1 Dante' he looked the business in that. That should have been the way he looked in DMC2.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah, the coatless DMC1 Dante costume? I've never used that myself, but it looks pretty cool. I just think it's cool that if you choose DMC1 Dante in DMC2 he even has the DMC1 battle cries! Nice touch...

Meg

DMC2 Dante is my favorite. I like his design in the first game to.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I just re-read my post and thought I could've just asked the question without blabbering on, but what can I say I was bored. Looks like DMC2 is winning :D

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I thought it was just me that liked DMC2 and that people generally liked DMC3 style!? So there you go!

I never thought about alternative styles - I was just thinking of the main ones, but yeah there are some cool alternatives in DMC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom