• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CG Resident Evil Movie - Biohazard: Vendetta for 2017

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
lm4171ge_le-prochain-film-d-animation-de-resident-evil-est-baptise-resident-evil-vendetta.jpg

12141157_992907974088459_3545304382724722370_o.jpg

No, this is NOT another one of those God-awful live-action Paul W. S. Anderson movies, but another CG-only movie in the style of Resident Evil: Damnation and Resident Evil: Degeneration. The only promo images for the film at this time are the two above, one featuring Leon Kennedy with a Ducati motorcycle he'll reportedly be riding at some point during the film, and the moss-covered remnants of what appear to be the Spencer Mansion.

The plot will center around protagonists Chris Redfield, Leon Kennedy, and Rebecca Chambers, will be overseen by Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Grudge director Takashi Shimizu, and will have an "intended style, in departure from the previous two films, [that's] to welcome in more fans of anime such as PSYCHO-PASS and live-action horror films rather than cater entirely to established fans of the games."

It's slated for 2017.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I like the live action movies as guilty pleasures, but these CG movies are awesome.

Though I wonder why they're returning to the Spencer Estate.
Would have thought the BSAA would have secured it during their search for Jill after the fight with Wesker.

Unless of course the search for Jill is a story line that will be told here.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh snap, did not expect this considering how long its been since Damnation came out. Glad to here, definitely looking forward to this.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was hoping my pals Jake and Sherry would get some luv but oh well...

I did like damnation more than degeneration so hopefully this turns out good

berto

I Saw the Devil
Takashi Shimizu... Well, to be frank I hope he's not a fan. People who have adoration for the games might not be the best to give the characters a trashing.

WolfOD64

Happy to see my favorite RE character, the Boulder-Smasher himself, Chris Redfield.

WolfOD64

Looks like the boulder smasher may have had his face smashed in with a boulder and had to get reconstructive face surgery which would explain his entirely different face he now has.o_O
My guess is that his face was altered to better resemble whoever his Japanese mo-cap actor is.

Similiar thing happened to Leon one of the previous CG movies:

14.jpg

RE: Degeneration

REV-TUMBLR-resident-evil-4-33557563-468-389.jpg

RE4

berto

I Saw the Devil
Looks kinda good. A lot of qualified people involved.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
It may be action focused, but it's still more Resident Evil than RE7.
But here's the thing, just because they have guns doesn't mean that it isn't horror. Ever seen Aliens? That was a squad full of ultimate badasses and that movie gave me nightmares, so don't dismiss the horror just because they have guns and there was an explosion, those people worked on Psycho-Pass, Patlabor, Gantz, The Ring and Ju-On.

By the way, have any of you heard of the stage play? I-- I just had to face palm when I heard that but I still wanted to know about it and the plot is actually not that bad.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
But here's the thing, just because they have guns doesn't mean that it isn't horror. Ever seen Aliens? That was a squad full of ultimate badasses and that movie gave me nightmares, so don't dismiss the horror just because they have guns and there was an explosion, those people worked on Psycho-Pass, Patlabor, Gantz, The Ring and Ju-On.

By the way, have any of you heard of the stage play? I-- I just had to face palm when I heard that but I still wanted to know about it and the plot is actually not that bad.
Well Capcom ain't no James Cameron and if the last 2 animated movies are anything to go on, this one will be another action flick.
Though the trailer did give off some horror elements so while it is still an action movie, it's at least trying to keep the Resident Evil part of it.

While the only thing Resident Evil about RE7 is the slapped on name.

Thing is, at this point I've accepted the fact that Leon, Chris and the main stars of Resident Evil are now the kind of characters who are gonna go all John Matrix on the zombies and B.O.Ws in their adventures.
It's still nice to see them in horror situations though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
http://biohazard-vendetta.com/

Well Capcom ain't no James Cameron and if the last 2 animated movies are anything to go on, this one will be another action flick.
It's not, though. The people who made those movies are no longer alone. Hiroyuki Kobayashi was the producer in those two movies but now Takashi Shimizu has taken his place and along with him are a few good storytellers who weren't there before, either, and they even got the original Japanese composer for the Ring film.

Though the trailer did give off some horror elements so while it is still an action movie, it's at least trying to keep the Resident Evil part of it.
Yeah, I did, too. I actually got and actual RE vibe from this trailer. I kinda have actual expectations for this one. The other ones were an ok distraction. Really flawed in some fundamental aspects so I wouldn't go out of my way to own them but I'll watch them if they're on TV, and they do pop up on the Mexican movie channels every now and then.

While the only thing Resident Evil about RE7 is the slapped on name.
I'm willing to give it a chance but I do get the feeling that RE7 is the kind of game I rather watch on YouTube than to actually play. I've mentioned that before, but if the game impresses me while watching it and I get curious or surprised enough I might just go buy it.

Thing is, at this point I've accepted the fact that Leon, Chris and the main stars of Resident Evil are now the kind of characters who are gonna go all John Matrix on the zombies and B.O.Ws in their adventures.
It's still nice to see them in horror situations though.
Well... After RE2 things kinda went that way. The game's characters in 1 were pretty basic people, just look at how they all reacted to the zombie dogs at the beginning, but when Kamiya, who isn't one for horror, directed 2 the direction altered a bit. 3 was a bit more like the original but from Code Veronica on the games' leads got more and more bad ass. With 4 it wasn't so bad because even though Leon was a bit too full of one liners he still got put through the ringer, beaten, stabbed, infected, so there was still a pretty clear sense of vulnerability. I miss that. I don't really want to split from the 80's B movie one liners but I do wish the protagonists were more vulnerable.

Last edited:

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well on this movie some people in RE fandom including me speculate that in this Wesker possibly can return, well even slightly unshaded pic of movie viliain reminds me him really

Top Bottom