• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Catherine-with-a-C to be voiced by Laura Bailey

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer

We already know Catherine's coming to the US. Atlus announced as much. But for a game as big as this one, localization will be a key factor in its potential success. Even a Japanophile like myself knows that having a great English dub will be essential.

That's why I'm happy that Catherine's Catherine will be voiced by veteran voice actress Laura Bailey. You may know her from recent performances as Final Fantasy XIII's Serah or Sakura Wars: So Long My Love's Gemini Sunrise, or as Lust from the Fullmetal Alchemist anime, or even as Persona 4's Rise.

Personally I think she's the perfect fit for the young-and-bubbly role of Catherine, especially alongside Troy Baker as Vincent. Incidentally, Troy Baker also played Persona 4's Kanji. Perfect match, or what?

Now the big question is who Atlus will pick to voice Katherine-with-a-K. She needs to be the polar opposite of Catherine, someone who can really cow Vincent into commitment. Personally I think Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepard, Metal Gear Solid's Naomi) could do a good job.

[Thanks, shiro_shishi!]

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/catherine-with-a-c-to-be-voiced-by-laura-bailey-196134.phtml

Perfect. Laura Bailey will do a great job as Catherine. :D

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I think i know her name from somewhere else too, but i don't know where.
I'm sure she'll be great.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
I think i know her name from somewhere else too, but i don't know where.
I'm sure she'll be great.

She is quite well known in video games as Rayne from BloodRayne series, Chun-Li in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV, Serah from Final Fantasy XIII, Kid Trunks from recent Dragon Ball Z games, Cloud of Darkness from Dissidia: Final Fantasy and Kaine from NIER.

She is also well known in animes as Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist series, Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, and other roles.

I have no problems with her voicing Catherine. My only concern if she can act Catherine's role properly since she was to be seductive, charming and all.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If she uses the voice that she used for Serah... *shudders* I'm gonna be playing the game with the sound off.
BloodRayne. That must be it. (That game gave me nightmares.:rolleyes:)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If she uses the voice that she used for Serah... *shudders* I'm gonna be playing the game with the sound off.
BloodRayne. That must be it. (That game gave me nightmares.:rolleyes:)

You should hear her voice in this video. The first few seconds is voiced by Laura Bailey. Profanity is included, though. She can change her tone in other animes and games, so I have no qualms of her voicing Catherine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW14pLD8PH0

Top Bottom