• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Casual Dante (aka more everyday life friendly clothes)

Story

2013-02-24_00037-642x361.jpg

Long Introduction:

A few years ago I loved coats, usually boss characters wore them, It made them seem tough and invoked some other feels I can't describe. I loved classic Dante for wearing them, one of the first protagonist who got the guts to put one on. But after a while I preferred a golden rule again, boss characters coat, protagonist with some simple clothes, I love simplicity by the way, hence the mod.
These are some more simple clothes for Dante, a wardrobe for everyday life.

Short Introduction:

Look, I made a mod, and it has a shorter jacket! (This is for classic Dante)

Features:

-Plain black jacket, removed those belt thingies.
-Almost bald black hair
-Plain white tank top
-Blue Jeans
-A seperate retex for the base sword slash which is black.

Dl.:

http://dmcmods.com/?download=1478

2013-02-24_000081.jpg

2013-02-24_00055.jpg

Dl again in case of scrollupfobia:
http://dmcmods.com/?download=1478

Story

I went ingame with it. The sleeve is supposed to be shorter. But he did take off a portion of the coat.

How did you do that, Story?

Classic Dante's coat has an alpha layer, so if I paint any part of the texture's alpha layer black, it wont show in game, that's how I made half of the coat, the belt, the what look like belts but are not things disappear. I think I wrote a pretty lenghty instruction on one of your threads, you could refer to that if you want more info.

It just looks alot different. It looks shorter, the collar is different and one sleeve is up.

Don't know about the collar and sleeve, they look default to me, but I did modify pretty much everything else pretty heavly, like using default skin to have Dante's hair changed to black, making his long hair disappear, the reason its so different is well, I used a great deal of my tricks i learned In the past month to try to create a nice alternate look that differs greatly from the starting look, this is what you can accomplish with just tex modding if you can make things transparent too :p

P.S.: Altough the costume turned out good there is a major fail in it I overlooked before release, I plan to patch it in a few days, can you spot it?

ZeroLove

Classic Dante's coat has an alpha layer, so if I paint any part of the texture's alpha layer black, it wont show in game, that's how I made half of the coat, the belt, the what look like belts but are not things disappear. I think I wrote a pretty lenghty instruction on one of your threads, you could refer to that if you want more info.

Don't know about the collar and sleeve, they look default to me, but I did modify pretty much everything else pretty heavly, like using default skin to have Dante's hair changed to black, making his long hair disappear, the reason its so different is well, I used a great deal of my tricks i learned In the past month to try to create a nice alternate look that differs greatly from the starting look, this is what you can accomplish with just tex modding if you can make things transparent too :p

P.S.: Altough the costume turned out good there is a major fail in it I overlooked before release, I plan to patch it in a few days, can you spot it?

... I didn't realize you used the Classic Dante skin for your mod. XD

ReRave

smug jerk

On the left side of his forehead there's still some hair from his bangs?

Edit: In other news, this might just be the best-looking mod out there. Real great work, man.

Story

On the left side of his forehead there's still some hair from his bangs?

Edit: In other news, this might just be the best-looking mod out there. Real great work, man.

Nope that's not it, glad it's not too obvious. If i tell you you won't be able to unsee it so, I'll keep it a secret until I finally patch it, thanks for the positiveness btw ;)

OverdoZe

neee i play with your mod and my fps down do 5 - 9 when camera in center and i see that problem when i changed HP color .__.

Top Bottom