• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Castlevania Netflix

Watch or Botch?

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
castlevania_twilight_by_drunkardhu-d2ui85f.jpg

http://www.looper.com/40892/castlevania-tv-show-coming-netflix-2017/

"Thirty years after Castlevania first brought its supernatural charms to the Nintendo Entertainment System, Konami's long-running game franchise is getting a television adaptation. A press release put out by Netflix lists Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 as part of the streaming giant's upcoming content slate, with a release scheduled for some time in 2017."

----

I'll still enjoy the old fan-made youtube series though...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well I enjoyed Lords of Shadow so if the trailer looks cool and it catches my eye then I'll check it out.

I do hope this means DMC could get a shot at a Netflix show.

or Jak and Daxter (i'm an equal opportunity dreamer )

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Well I enjoyed Lords of Shadow so if the trailer looks cool and it catches my eye then I'll check it out.

Well I hated Lords of Shadow and if this series is anything like it then its a very hard pass for me, this coming from a guy who loves the CV series and watch Netflix on a daily basis.

Koschei

I don't think I've read anything from Warren Ellis, but he seems like a good choice. I'll definitely give the series a look, even though I've only played LoS and SotN (and both had terrible writing)

Last edited:

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I only really followed the NES and SNES Castlevania games... the story seemed pretty all over the place in those games alone. Pretty sure the show is going to be a huge clusterfudge but I'll probably watch it anyways.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'll watch but only as many episodes as the show can keep me interested. If the thing suck I'll drop it day 1.

Last edited:

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
IIRC from what my friend (Who is a huge Castlevania nerd) told me, the series is going to be based off of Castlevania III and will be animated.
I suppose it makes sense for them to go with III, since you have Trevor and Alucard. The series is also going to be really graphic and violent, iirc.

I'm somewhat looking forward to it, but I'll have to see more of it before I can get fully interested.

berto

I Saw the Devil
IIRC from what my friend (Who is a huge Castlevania nerd) told me, the series is going to be based off of Castlevania III and will be animated.
I suppose it makes sense for them to go with III, since you have Trevor and Alucard. The series is also going to be really graphic and violent, iirc.

I'm somewhat looking forward to it, but I'll have to see more of it before I can get fully interested.
I heard the same thing but I'm more curious to know, animated by who? Who can pull off a Castlevania style animation? Is it an American production? Japanese? French? Korean? I want to see a trailer.

King-Sess

The Zelda Fanatic
Yeah, I'm curious about that too. I hope that a trailer comes out soon so that we can figure out what exactly is going on with this.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
For those interested in who's producing this show, it's being made by Frederator Studios, produced and written by Warren Ellis, Kevin Kolde, Fred Seibert, and Adi Shankar (the last of which had writing and producing credits in 2012's Dredd).

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Ok this has my curosity!
Been wanting to watch a good cartoon/anime that might remind me of Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for quite a while now!

Top Bottom