• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom's Working on a New Fighting Game?

What could it be or what do you hope it could be?

• A new Street Fighter and by that I mean Street Fighter V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mega Ultra Captastic Duper Street Fighter IV Milking the Cow 2025 Edition

• Marvel VS Capcom 4.......lol

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Something else VS Capcom (Tatsunoko, SNK, DC, Angry Birds)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Capcom Allstars Fighting game (best choice obviously)

• Darkstalkers 3?? Or was it 4? A new Darkstalkers

• A new IP (a new series)....well that doesn't make much sense

• A fighting game spin-off of a non-fighting Capcom series.....Resident Evil Fighters??

• Rival Schools 3

• Plasma Sword/Star Gladiator sequel

• Tech Romancer

• Does Power Stones count?

• Other Capcom Fighting franchises we probably never heard of

• WHO THE F*CK CARES!? Its Capcom don't expect much

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rock and Sock Em Robots the Fighting Game

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'd like to see a new Darkstalkers or just a new IP.

Capcom got so many fighting game series (its the dominant genre in their library really) making a new IP would most likely generate almost no interest for them that is..........unless if its really interesting or really good or seems similar to an old IP like a new fighting game IP that is like a spiritual successor to an old series.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
My money is on Street Fighter V.

Ono did say there wouldn't be a new SFV in development but Capcom tend to change their minds so easily or their actions contradict what they say but then again Ultra SFV will be getting long terms support so no point working on a new SF game while supporting a current one makes supporting the current game pointless.....but this is Capcom anything is possible...or impossible really.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ono did say there wouldn't be a new SFV in development but Capcom tend to change their minds so easily or their actions contradict what they say but then again Ultra SFV will be getting long terms support so no point working on a new SF game while supporting a current one makes supporting the current game pointless.....but this is Capcom anything is possible...or impossible really.

Their 152 million (right?) speaks otherwise. Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter are like Capcom's biggest killer apps more than anything else they have. Trying to get another big one out of those franchises makes me leans towards Street Fighter.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Their 152 million (right?) speaks otherwise. Resident Evil, Street Fighter, and Monster Hunter are like Capcom's biggest killer apps more than anything else they have. Trying to get another big one out of those franchises makes me leans towards Street Fighter.

True but the 152 million dollars could only be a rumor. Capcom never officially stated anything and even someone from Capcom USA (Gregaman I think) stated those were over exaggerated rumors and they're fine. Its not like THQ where they basically acknowledged they're in deep sh*t.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
True but the 152 million dollars could only be a rumor. Capcom never officially stated anything and even someone from Capcom USA (Gregaman I think) stated those were over exaggerated rumors and they're fine. Its not like THQ where they basically acknowledged they're in deep sh*t.

No rumor. It's true. Just go look around the net for yourself and 152 million for a relatively big company like Capcom isn't a good thing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No rumor. It's true. Just go look around the net for yourself and 152 million for a relatively big company like Capcom isn't a good thing.

Not everything on the internet is always true. For awhile it was going around on the internet that Jackie Chan died (or was dead) but that was dismissed rather soon. With someone's or another companies own money issues unless someone leaked or has actual evidence showcasing how much money Capcom has in the bank because all this lack of money have only surfaced the internet with no true origin point outside some report that has no other details outside the number, no date, where it was reported, how they got such info, why they have such info, just a number. If that was the case I want to see how much money EA, Ubisoft, Square, MTV, and Micheal Bay (I have no idea why I said that) have in the bank if we can enter another companies resource data so easily.

Not until Capcom or someone from there really confirms this (which they've done the opposite of doing) I'm not fully into it. If Capcom is literally bleeding money they wouldn't be spending money and resources on a new IP (Gaist Crusher) with loads of extra marketing and merchandising (anime, toys, etc) to a demographic that is literally shrinking (young Japanese boys).

Its a pretty hot topic considering Capcom's history so that is why its spreading quite quickly. I mean not too long ago SEGA was literally stated to have severe money problems (reorganization and laying off some staff) but they have enough money to acquire some assets from THQ at an auction as well as ATLUS for $115 million.

Plus even if that is how much they have in the bank I wouldn't worry considering A. Monster Hunter 4 alone in Japan alone sold past Capcom's expectations (they wanted to sell 3 million units in total by March 2014 sold past 3 million in one month before the holidays in Japan only) and B. they're strong emphasis on mobile gaming and due to how increasingly popular it is in Japan and how they're recent mobile games have sold very well (cheap and quick to make and sell very well.....in Japan) and with that a Monster Hunter iOS game coming out (Monster Hunter + Japan + iOS = money flow). Its not much but that is pretty good.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
MvC 4... with DmC Dante and Vergil fighting their classic counterparts.

I'm still waiting for DmC Vergil DLC on PlayStation All-Stars... looks like it's never going to happen.

Top Bottom