• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom Hints at Resident Evil 6

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Resident-Evil.jpg

Developer and publisher Capcom has given strong hints in regards to Resident Evil 6.
During an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Capcom’s Christian Svensson dropped several hints that Resident Evil 6 will be announced soon.
We have loads of things which we’re still noodling which we haven’t touched in years and years and years. We really still think there’s value in trying some stuff with them. Obviously we’re heavily reliant right now on a narrower range of core brands. We’re looking at ways to not over-saturate the market with them.I think that care has to be taken to avoid brand fatigue. Not to name names, I think some people are better or worse at that. We have some concerns internally about, are we doing too much of something? You may see some other stuff, which we we’ve been quite prolific with, take a little rest for a while whilst we update some stuff that hasn’t been looked at for a while.
Svensson continued:
The remit at the moment is still to leverage existing classic Capcom brands – I think you see that in bigger ways than perhaps you’ve seen from us before.
Would you like to see Resident Evil 6 announced soon – if so, would an E3 unveil for the sequel be perfect timing? Share your thoughts via the comment section below.

Three things I want in Resident Evil 5, which are:

1. Leon as playable character.
2. More horror, psychological scares, and gross creatures plus zombies.
3. More freedom on movement like Dead Space games.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Last I heard 6 was supposed to be a total reboot. Continuing the story after the death of Wesker I think could work fine as long as they bring back a more vulnerable survival aspect back to it and stop trying to make the series look and feel like Gears of War, it's not supposed to be an action series. But the only way to do that might be to either reboot it or introduce a totally new character as Leon is now mega badass and damn near superhuman as is Chris, Jill and Claire. None of them fit into the survival horror genre anymore.

Top Bottom