• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom cancels unannounced titles planned for release near end of 2015 fiscal year..

Dominus

Q. Were any of the titles under development that you canceled to be released in the current
fiscal year ending March 2014?
A. There were a few titles scheduled for the current fiscal year, but most of the cancelations
were for releases planned in the fiscal year ending March 2015 and subsequent fiscal years.
No titles that had already been announced were canceled.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2012/full/explanation_2012_full_02.pdf

Take that as you will, could mean DmC2 cancellation because that was slated for a possible 2015 release, but take that speculation with a grain of salt.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Right now the titles could be anything. I wonder if they will ever tell us which ones were cancelled? I'd like to know.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I swear I don't even play megaman and I feel sorry for the fans of the series. I don't know the full story but it feels like this franchise has been through hell and back.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hmmm....can't be Legends 3, Maverick Hunter, or Universfor those games probably would've came out in 2012/2013...or even earlier than that.

So if one of them was MegaMan......it probably was something new.

Bet money one of them is a DmC2 considering rumors were going around about making a DmC2 before DmC was even out and that ending plus the DLC.

I wonder how many games Capcom cancelled and why.

I wonder what qualifies as a canceled game to Capcom? Does it have a good amount of development time such as Maverick Hunter and Legends but cancelled mid-development or was it an idea one of the workers at Capcom spontaneously had and told their boss while they were taking a p1ss in the urinals but he turned it down when zipping up his pants, making fun of the idea and the size of said worker's weiner?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Even if they did i reckon they'd leave out any games that might cause a ****storm.

Assuming they're smart of course.
They haven't been too smart recently:p

I swear I don't even play megaman and I feel sorry for the fans of the series. I don't know the full story but it feels like this franchise has been through hell and back.
What they did was just plain the fans around with that. Give them a hint of something and then just yank it away.

Top Bottom