• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Level-5 collaborate

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If the announcement of Capcom and CyberConnect 2’s partnership on Asura’s Wrath at the Tokyo Game Show surprised you, then wait until you hear this.

Capcom and White Knight Chronicles developer Level-5 are currently working in collaboration with each other. Capcom’s Keiji Inafune initially contacted Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino with the idea.

“This rumor is true,” Inafune told Diamond Online (via Andriasang), “Right now, the two of us, with our staff, are working together on some truly interesting things. Even though Mr. Hino is younger, he’s someone I respect. I wanted to try working with him, so I contacted him.”

Inafune went on to say exactly why he respects Hino as much as he does.

“The thing I most respect about Hino is his work ethic.” He joked, “Before I met Hino, I had confidence in the amount of work I was doing, and even thought that maybe I was the hardest working person in the game industry. But after meeting him, I thought, ‘I’m probably not number one.’”

What Inafune admires the most about Hino is that he works hard and in the long run it produces results.

“The Professor Layton series has shipped 9.5 million units worldwide. The Inazuma Eleven series has shipped 2.7 million units domestically. Who wouldn’t want to work with someone like Hino, who works hard and also produces results?”

Unfortunately, neither Inafune or Hino provided specifics about what they’re working on.

Elsewhere in the interview and separate from talk on the two companies uniting, Hino spoke a bit about overseas expansion.

“Next year or maybe the year after that, we’d like to have Level-5 exhibit at E3. While it’s recently become normal for us to exhibit at the Tokyo Game Show, to exhibit at E3 we feel that we have one more mountain to cross.”

Level-5 recently opened an office in Los Angeles. However, Hino explains that he has no intentions on taking his company public and is more concerned about developing Level-5 as a brand.

Looks interesting. I am intrigued what game they are gonna develop together.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
GamblingGambitCloud;276284 said:
i have no idea wat kind of games Level-5 produces....i've honestly never heard of them before

Here is the list of games they make. They are quite popular, especially with Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, White Knight Chronicles, Rogue Galaxy, and others.

PlayStation 2

Dark Cloud Series

* Dark Cloud (2000)
* Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) (2002)

Other Games

* Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (2004)
* Rogue Galaxy (2005)
* Rogue Galaxy: Director's Cut (2007)

[edit] PlayStation 3

White Knight Chronicles Series

* White Knight Chronicles (2008)
* White Knight Chronicles EX Edition (2009)
* White Knight Chronicles 2[1] (Q2 2010)

Other Games

* Ni no Kuni (2011)

[edit] PlayStation Portable

* Jeanne d'Arc (2006)
* The Little Battlers (2010)

[edit] Nintendo DS

Professor Layton Series

* Professor Layton and the Curious Village (2007)
* Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (2007)
* Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (2008)
* Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute (2009)

Inazuma Eleven Series

* Inazuma Eleven (2008)
* Inazuma Eleven 2 Kyoui no Shinryakusha (2009)
* Inazuma Eleven 2: Kyoui no Shinryokusha: Fire (2009)
* Inazuma Eleven 3: Challenge the World: Bomber (2010)
* Inazuma Eleven 3: Challenge the World: Spark (2010)

Atamania Series

* Sloan to McHale Nazo no Monogatari (2009)
* Sloan to McHale Nazo no Monogatari 2 (2009)
* Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai-1-Shuu: Nazotoki Sekai Isshuu Ryokou (2009)
* Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai-2-Shuu: Ginga Oudan Nazotoki Adventure (2009)
* Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai-3-Shuu (2009)
* Tago Akira no Atama no Taisou Dai-4-Shuu (2009)
* Mystery Room (2010)

Other Games

* Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (2009)
* Fantasy Life (2010)
* Ni no Kuni (2010)

[edit] Nintendo 3DS

* Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (2010)

[edit] Wii

* Inazuma Eleven Strikers (2011)[2]

[edit] TBA console

* Inazuma Eleven 4 (TBA)
* Time Travelers (TBA)

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level-5#Games

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's going to be Dragon's Dogma.The same way Asura's Wrath is CC2 and Capcom's collab,this collab is going to be Dragon's Dogma.It's highly possible.

Top Bottom