• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cancer for the cure

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
No not the song by eels. I was just thinking that some people say that even if we found a way to cure cancer, a new and deadlier ailment would appear on the horizon. What do you think of this?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's possible. In our day and age, with antibacterial soap in every home, antibacterial wipes in every bag and children being hoicked out of sandpits and mud puddles by paranoid parents, I reckon we've made ourselves more vulnerable to infection than ever. We take antibiotics for the slightest sniffle and dose ourselves up on extra treatments, vitamins and drugs we don't necessarily need...many children with eczema develop it because their overprotective parents bath them each night in special soaps, cover them in special lotions and so the skin is so "protected" it cannot function normally once those barriers are removed.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Oh, you're talking about weakening the immune system through overly hygienic daily idiosyncrasies. Yeah I know several people who are like that. I mean I'm not exactly a scruff bucket but they make everyone else almost look like vagrants.

SpArAda1127

Rebirth
Angel;58907 said:
It's possible. In our day and age, with antibacterial soap in every home, antibacterial wipes in every bag and children being hoicked out of sandpits and mud puddles by paranoid parents, I reckon we've made ourselves more vulnerable to infection than ever. We take antibiotics for the slightest sniffle and dose ourselves up on extra treatments, vitamins and drugs we don't necessarily need...many children with eczema develop it because their overprotective parents bath them each night in special soaps, cover them in special lotions and so the skin is so "protected" it cannot function normally once those barriers are removed.

yeah i got eczema but i have no idea how the hell i got it... it comes and goes with the summer and winter months but still,let's say you smack me, that area you smacked me on becomes very itchy, it's very strange:\

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not all eczema cases are caused by over-hygienic environments...just some.

I just reckon with our obsession with keeping everything antibacterial, germ free and sterile we are encouraging superbugs to breed and new strains of otherwise treatable diseases to develop.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Yeah, I agree, if a giant but comes and annihlates the western world I'll have on my epitaph "I told you so :p "

Top Bottom