• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can you offer me tips on fighting Frosts?

Wearygigapet

I'm playing DMC4 for the first time (on Devil Hunter mode). So far I have found the game quite and disappointingly easy compared to its predecessor. However, I am consistently demoralized by Frosts. Is there any fault-proof manner of killing them or do I just simply need to improve my game?

Thanks,

Wearygigapet

PS: This is in regard to both Nero and Dante.

(I'm playing it on the Xbox 360)

Lerrion

Wild Ranger
Wait till you get to DMD mode.. the Frosts are a PAIN in the ass... I can't get past mission six on this difficulty, when you have to play that dice game for the first time... If i am lucky enough to beat those damn fish dudes, I get nailed by frosts in the next room anyway... My tactic against them - is to charge up your gun, fire away toknock them down, then use exceed on frost and then devil bringer... works well... If you're fast enough.. in my case, I'm not so swift.....

Poroner

I,Buki,Mio,Da
Keep trying dewd you are gonna pass it.When i am stuck in a game i leave it for weeks even for months and after that time i pass it lol.If that helps you.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Have you already played through the game on human?
They don't like Gilgamesh thats often what I use on them.
Also remember as Nero if you tap the buster button you will add an extra swing and do more damage and also if you press the aim button you will throw a frost at any surrounding enemies. Other than that charge shot lvl 3 and exceed moves are good to use on them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
When you're doing a Buster move on a Frost, make sure to keep mashing the button. Nero will slam them around longer.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i can help don't hold back with frosts give it your all and don't give them a chance that is all i can offer

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
lvl 3 EX: High Roller into Double Down. then hit it alot. use Buster if possible

Stinger ( during devil trigger if possible) then Dance Macabre.

aoshi

I am currently playing devil hunter mode. I dont think u have played earlier series. High roller not only fetches u attitude but also evades u from grond attacks. High roller can throw more than one enemy in near vicinity in air. Keep ground attacks consistent with red-queen. Once frosts are in near vicinity or charge for an attack, High-roller to 2 Mid air slashes - buster. Snatch enemy's in near vicinity and buster them to stay in air longer. Repeat the same after reaching ground.High roller with exceed can do good damage.

aka958

Don't trust people
Frosts? Those are easy...
Only as Dante though, I suck at Nero because he is too repetetive.

Use attacks with low stagger to Dante. A few gilgamesh combos, Dance macabre, Prop Shredder, Yamato combos, High roller, aerial rave, Yamato air combos, Kick 13, Lucifer combos... These are just a few, switch to trickster when the Frosts are about to attack, or maybe even Royal Guard and dodge/block their attacks.
When they try to attack you with normal attacks you can do a quick knock back move that will stagger them and stop their attack.

If they hide in that ice cluster thingy, use Pin-up three times with lucifer and then throw tha ROSE.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
But Frosts are freaking easy! Nero or otherwise. In fact, I take them out faster with Nero than Dante. But than again, people say my play style sucks as Dante, and I don't really care about Dante anyway, so I guess it's just my loathing for him that makes him hard to play as for me.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
DreadnoughtDT;234217 said:
But Frosts are freaking easy! Nero or otherwise. In fact, I take them out faster with Nero than Dante. But than again, people say my play style sucks as Dante, and I don't really care about Dante anyway, so I guess it's just my loathing for him that makes him hard to play as for me.

Yeah I know what you mean.

aoshi

aka958;234178 said:
Frosts? Those are easy...
Only as Dante though, I suck at Nero because he is too repetetive.

Use attacks with low stagger to Dante. A few gilgamesh combos, Dance macabre, Prop Shredder, Yamato combos, High roller, aerial rave, Yamato air combos, Kick 13, Lucifer combos... These are just a few, switch to trickster when the Frosts are about to attack, or maybe even Royal Guard and dodge/block their attacks.
When they try to attack you with normal attacks you can do a quick knock back move that will stagger them and stop their attack.

If they hide in that ice cluster thingy, use Pin-up three times with lucifer and then throw tha ROSE.

I still have not reached dante's levels as this is my first playthrough but am upgrading nero and finding buffer points to exceed nero's redqueen amidst combos. Dont even think about spoiling with buffer points. I would rather find them.Currently at forests.Walkthroughs are really long.May be since it's my first time and am unknown to many areas in fortuna.

Top Bottom