• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can somebody explain the MGS series for me? (spoilers)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE MGS GAMES BUT WANT TO!

Hey guys,

Only recently I started to sort of grasp what Metal Gear Solid's story is. First I thought Solid Snake was doing the right thing, but he was actually manipulated by the Patriots into sabotaging Ocelot and Liquid Snake's plans. Ocelot and co. were just trying to continue with Big Boss' (and The Boss's) view on what the world should be like. They wanted to continue their vision. So nobody you fight as Solid Snake is evil at all - I'd say almost the opposite. The Patriots, led by Zero, are basically creating a totalitarian regime in the US. I guess even the people who Solid Snake was working with were unknowingly doing the wrong thing.

I never played MGS1 or MGS4, though, so I'm really missing a chunk of info. Is there something I missed that I really should know? I'm going to buy Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain, so it would be nice if I knew more about what was going on. I have played MGS2, MGS3 and Peace Walker, so no surprises there.

Thanks!

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I've played Metal Gear 1, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear Rising Revengence and have pre-ordered Ground Zeros and MGSV and spent hours in the MGS Wiki reading up and even I still don't get half the f**king story yet.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I could tell you everything, but...it would take a whole helluva lotta time...

VampireWicked's link should suffice to give you pretty much the general consistency of the story. However, one of the things that makes the Metal Gear series so popular with fans is a lot of the smaller details that usually don't get mentioned in a lot of timeline recaps.

IncarnatedDemon

All you need to know is that Dante and Snake are best friends in the universe of fictional characters.
Jokes aside, i saw this video of Raiden's story and it's really great.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
where to begin...it all depends. do you want to know the ENTIRE story, the "prequel" story or the "original" story?

Top Bottom