• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Button-Mash Reduction Appreciation Thread

Goldsickle

I got back from replaying DMC3 and that game reminded me how out of control the button-mashing is compared to DMC4.

A lot of moves Dante uses in DMC3 are carried over to DMC4 but the following has its button-mashing toned down.

- Rebellion Combo 2 does not need to have a "Crazy Combo" cancel into Million Stab. It is a part of the combo.

- Cancelling Stinger into Million Stab also does not require any "Crazy Combo" style button-mash cancel. You simply tap the Sword button again without locking on.

- Shredder does not require button-mashing to prolong its spinning.

- Rain Storm does not require button-mashing to continue shooting.

Whenever I play DMC3, I feel more exhausted and strained than usual due to all the button-mash cancels required for moves that I frequently use.
I appreciate how these are reduced or removed in DMC4.

I think I feel the same type of exhaustion when I play Bayonetta, due to how button-mashing is also required a lot for higher scores during Torture Attacks or Climax.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Little addition for those who didn't know.

Cancelling Stinger into Million Stab also does not require any "Crazy Combo" style button-mash cancel. You simply tap the Sword button again without locking on.

You can keep the lock on, in that case you can cancel into Million Stab by bringing the stick back to neutral position right after you input Stinger and tapping attack again.

aoshi

I actually missed button smashing combos. DMC 4 was all about style switching the craziest way possible. I prefer the single style system as in DMC 3. Full potential of button smash combos is when we charge the DT along with it and release it at the right time. For example, while starting off a million slash combo of agni and rudra, charge DT simultaneously with it. Release DT jus when the million slashes start and the enemy won't be dis-launched due to DT release and we can continue the combo by chaining other inputs.My fav button smash combo is of nevan's.

Top Bottom