• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Budokai Tenkaicki vs Raging Blast discussion.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Continued from another thread,

I think one of the biggest disappointments concerning the two is they seemed to needlessly remove a lot of features from BT that could have been implemented into RB, simple things like low blocks etc. I think a combination of that and RBs defensive options would be a very cool defense system.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think both games are great on their own merits, but one of BT's strengths was also a weakness... The loads and loads of characters made it difficult to make each one unique, so a lot of characters felt copy-pasted, especially big ones like the Great Apes, Janemba 1st Form and Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. RB did away with most of the copy-pasted characters at the expense of a smaller, but ultimately no less fun character roster. And as far as I can tell, they didn't change any mechanics in a way that makes it any harder for me to play the games between incarnations, so I think that's a plus too.

But yeah, the main issue for me was that BT's huge character roster made each character feel watered-down. The game is fun, but it gets boring after a while.

Top Bottom