• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bright Memory Infinite

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

This game is not an Xbox Series X exclusive like The Medium or Scorn, but PS5 players shouldn't get their hopes up just yet. Since its appearance during the Inside Xbox presentation, Bright Memory: Infinite has only been confirmed for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. While the game is playable on a current-gen system, the Xbox Series X version of it will have some special enhancements.

"The quality of the graphics of Bright Memory: Infinite for the Xbox Series X is the aspect I focused most on throughout the game’s development, in order to truly harness and show off the abilities of the next-gen system," Zeng Xiancheng explained on Xbox Wire. "I’ve also made use of the dramatic visual effects made possible by the Xbox Series X, which can be seen in dynamic scenes in which wind, rain, leaves, and pebbles are visibly sucked toward a wormhole as the player explores their surroundings."

It is worth noting that a tweet from March 2019 does mention PlayStation platforms, though those systems have not been brought up since the game has re-emerged. Bright Memory: Infinite may have the potential to come to other next-gen systems but for now, assume that it will only be on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Dang. The Console War never changes.

While Bright Memory: Infinite is an upcoming title, it's possible to buy Bright Memory right now for 9.99 on Steam, and all owners of Bright Memory will get Infinite for free, effectively making it a two-for-one deal.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
MS needs to keep this exclusive at any cost.

I can't remember the last time I had a good first person DMC clone since Red Steel 2.

berto

I Saw the Devil

This game is not an Xbox Series X exclusive like The Medium or Scorn, but PS5 players shouldn't get their hopes up just yet. Since its appearance during the Inside Xbox presentation, Bright Memory: Infinite has only been confirmed for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. While the game is playable on a current-gen system, the Xbox Series X version of it will have some special enhancements.

"The quality of the graphics of Bright Memory: Infinite for the Xbox Series X is the aspect I focused most on throughout the game’s development, in order to truly harness and show off the abilities of the next-gen system," Zeng Xiancheng explained on Xbox Wire. "I’ve also made use of the dramatic visual effects made possible by the Xbox Series X, which can be seen in dynamic scenes in which wind, rain, leaves, and pebbles are visibly sucked toward a wormhole as the player explores their surroundings."

It is worth noting that a tweet from March 2019 does mention PlayStation platforms, though those systems have not been brought up since the game has re-emerged. Bright Memory: Infinite may have the potential to come to other next-gen systems but for now, assume that it will only be on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
Then we're getting some conflicting information down the pipeline.
Is Bright Memory Infinite coming to PS4? FYQD Studio’s brilliant-looking sci-fi title is currently in the pipeline for Xbox Series X and PS5, and it’s got a lot of people flapping their gums following its reveal at Xbox Inside 2020.
Plus, I'm 85% sure I saw a trailer in one of the PS5 streaming events.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
There's definitely some mixed messaging going on here. It was shown at the Xbox event and has their logo on it, no mention of PS5 except for outside sources.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That could also mean xbox have the marketing rights to it

Like they do for ac Valhalla and other games

Or it may be a timed exclusive on xbox and then go to ps5 later

It didn't have the word exclusive attached at the event, from what I remember it was a world premiere

Which is the wording the use for third party unveils

Top Bottom