• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Breath of Fire 6 Announced

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
BREATH-OF-FIRE-6-001-610x341.jpg

Breath of Fire 6 has been announced, and it is due for release next year in Japan. And it’s coming…to PCs, tablets and smartphones.

BREATH-OF-FIRE-6-002.jpg

BREATH-OF-FIRE-6-005.jpg
BREATH-OF-FIRE-6-003.jpg

BREATH-OF-FIRE-6-004.jpg

"The game has apparently been designed for touch-controlled devices. You’ll be able to share progress across platforms, though, including PCs. As fans across the globe know, this isn’t the first time Capcom has released a Breath of Fire game on a mobile platform (and I’m not talking about the Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire IIports to the Game Boy Advance, either!), but…it’s definitely the first time we’ve seen a numbered Breath of Fire game take this route. This will be the first time a mainline Breath of Fire has not debuted on a home console."
tumblr_mqkdffIXUd1sbnyvso1_250.gif

Not Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I've never played any Breath of Fire.......maybe a bit of BoF3 but it was sooo long ago I don't remember so I'm no BoF fan but plenty of BoF fans are really ****ed about this.

Well I'm not surprised considering Capcom stated that they wanted to put more effort in the iOS/mobile game market and released a sales chart showing it might be a very dominant platform in the near future.

I was expecting new IPs and spin offs like (Onimusha Souls and MegaMan XOver) but number continuations......this speaks Capcom might go that far into the mobile game market (they might leave console and handheld markets entirely in a decade or 2).

Mobile gaming seems to be a rising platform to publish games on and this could benefit Capcom if they make QUALITY mobile games (something you can find on a 3DS/PSVita) they could garner a decent fanbase on mobile platforms and even bring people who don't play on mobile platforms to the market which expands their market options so they can ultimately be stable enough to survive a video game crash (if it does happen) and not go down the sh*tter if one does happen.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Capcom should just port certain Gameboy and NES/SNES (maybe even N64 and PS1) games to iPhones games to get people familiar with the franchises on the mobile market then pull stuff like this to prove that the mobile market is a good place to play quality games other wise you'll **** off console/handheld fans and anybody new on the mobile market won't care much cuz its not Angry Birds or Temple Run.

I mean DMC4 translates well as an iOS game.

Granted the consoles and PC versions are waaaayyyy better but its not some half assed port it in fact has brand new environments and gives Dante his own mode and has a Nero boss fight.....A NERO BOSS FIGHT.

There was also a fun DMC3 mobile game before iOS/iPhone option. The mobile game even was very different than the console versions too with not just newly designed areas but it had more missions like 30 missions (although it do so in the Shadow the Hedgehog story branching method)

I know these 2 example are just ports of already existed games on consoles and not games made from scrap but Capcom has shown to actually put effort to make good iOS games..........except MegaMan XOver that was bland.

Since this is a RPG and a fast paced action hack and slash it does better on this platform.

I might buy it if the quality is good or the gameplay is as good as it was before, no MICROSANCTIONS (or not much of it), and its nothing like that money grubbing crap Square put out.

ff-all-the-bravest12.jpg

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The IOS and Android market has some very good jrpgs but to have a continuation of a series that fans have waited for 10 years to not be on a console or handheld is kinda stupid, but it is also for pc. Though im not sure its going to be that good anyway

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm not one to judge a game based on the platform it is. Sometimes a mobile game can be more fun than an AAA console one and the mobile services are pretty powerful nowadays to handle PS1 games and a RPG like Breath of Fire.

Plus I really like the art design it feels like a mix between Disgaea and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Well like it matters America most likely isn't going to get this or almost any of Capcom's iOS games.

Top Bottom