• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bleach movie announced again.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm a HUGE Bleach fan.

But I find myself disappointed and uninterested in this.

Having another one of my favorite animes butchered (Dragaonball) by Hollywood has left me scarred and cautious of any anime being adapted into a live action film.

Even Blood the Last Vampire which should have been pretty easy to adapt into a live action movie suffered from being made into crap for the big screen.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Ah....****.

I'm a huge fan of Bleach, and this just makes me...ah disappointed dosn't even cover it. Hollywood has failed recently at putting two other popular animated shows on the big screen(DragonBall and Avatar TLA), and the idea of them doing this just enraged me.

Animated shows such as these should not be attempted to be made into live action movies, they are even harder subjects to reproduce in quality then games are, and we know how hard it is to do those. They thrive on being animated, doing things that cannot be reproduced by real people and it should stay that way.

Well, I'm going to give it to the first trailer...and afterthat I'm logging this movie into the nonexistance portion of my brain just like DBE, never to be thought of again.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
If this was done right it would be the best movie ever. The chances of it being made right are very low. I don't think that any Hollywood studio could recreate the tone of any shonen manga and Bleach would be even harder to manage than most.

What would they have to do to make a good live action Bleach movie?

I don't think they should even try to fit the manga storyline. There is no way they could fit any Bleach storyline into a single movie and making an original story with the same charicters wouldn't work very well. They should just make a new story with new charicters using the same basic concept.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well the manga is divided into three parts; the intro arc, the soul society saga, and the aizen saga.

Most contracts for franchises are for three movies which wouldn't be a problem as you got three movie structure right there. The problem with bleach is that the aizen saga is three movies in itself which would require them to renegotiate the contract. I'm not saying the producers wouldn't mind doing the aizen saga as a whole if 1 and 2 are successful enough to warrant it, but thats impossible to know right now.

And no, they should not skip the first two arcs and go straight to aizen saga as that would be stupid.

@darkslayer13-
Why should they call it bleach then or even bother adapting it when they could take the basic premise and do their own thing with it. It would be less hassle.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well the manga is divided into three parts; the intro arc, the soul society saga, and the aizen saga.

Most contracts for franchises are for three movies which wouldn't be a problem as you got three movie structure right there. The problem with bleach is that the aizen saga is three movies in itself which would require them to renegotiate the contract. I'm not saying the producers wouldn't mind doing the aizen saga as a whole if 1 and 2 are successful enough to warrant it, but thats impossible to know right now.

And no, they should not skip the first two arcs and go straight to aizen saga as that would be stupid.

@darkslayer13-
Why should they call it bleach then or even bother adapting it when they could take the basic premise and do their own thing with it. It would be less hassle.
What I meant by basic concept is a bit more specific than what you are thinking of I meant they should use the concepts that define the setting (Shinigami, Hollows, Soul Society, Zanpakuto etc.) as they are in the manga but make their own story (if they used as much of the concept for Bleach as a want to see for something other than a Bleach movie they would get sued)

The best way to describe what I want the Bleach movie to be is a side story set in the same universe but not part of the main events of the manga.

A direct adaptation of the manga would be nearly impossible to do right. The story arcs in Bleach are to long to be made into movies and there is no good place to devide them to make them more reasonably sized. They would have to cut out most of the story to make it work. The Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc is the only one short enough to make into a movie without ruining it and it would be insane to start there.

To be honest I would rather see a movie about a generic shinigami nothing like the ones in Bleach fighting generic evil spirits than watch them butcher the Bleach storyline

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What I meant by basic concept is a bit more specific than what you are thinking of I meant they should use the concepts that define the setting (Shinigami, Hollows, Soul Society, Zanpakuto etc.) as they are in the manga but make their own story (if they used as much of the concept for Bleach as a want to see for something other than a Bleach movie they would get sued)

The best way to describe what I want the Bleach movie to be is a side story set in the same universe but not part of the main events of the manga.

A direct adaptation of the manga would be nearly impossible to do right. The story arcs in Bleach are to long to be made into movies and there is no good place to devide them to make them more reasonably sized. They would have to cut out most of the story to make it work. The Lost Substitute Shinigami Arc is the only one short enough to make into a movie without ruining it and it would be insane to start there.

To be honest I would rather see a movie about a generic shinigami nothing like the ones in Bleach fighting generic evil spirits than watch them butcher the Bleach storyline

Well I meant the core as in Bleach's core element was a kid who gets powers and has to figure out what to do with it and how to balance it with the other stuff.

That sounds familar as it is also the spiderman archetype that people love so playing that angle would help sell it.
It was played with a little in the beginning but dropped after a while.

I wanted to do a spinoff with Karin and Yuzu having to go to the shinigami school but i dont know if it would sell well.

I get what you meant tho and I think that might be easier to sell as it could be a story set to film, plus you could have Kubo write it.

Let's agree to disagree as I'm sure you could adapt the first two arcs.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Well I meant the core as in Bleach's core element was a kid who gets powers and has to figure out what to do with it and how to balance it with the other stuff.

That sounds familar as it is also the spiderman archetype that people love so playing that angle would help sell it.
It was played with a little in the beginning but dropped after a while.

I wanted to do a spinoff with Karin and Yuzu having to go to the shinigami school but i dont know if it would sell well.

I get what you meant tho and I think that might be easier to sell as it could be a story set to film, plus you could have Kubo write it.

Let's agree to disagree as I'm sure you could adapt the first two arcs.

Any fans ideal version of the movie would be the best movie ever. If they somehow made a movie based on the manga story without messing it up I would love it. I was just basing my idea on what Hollywood could probably do well. If you have more confidence in their abilities than I hope you are right ( and so does every other Bleach fan)

A Karin/Yuzu spinoff probably wouldn't sell well and there is no chance that a Hollywood studio would consider the idea but I would love to see it. It is so unfair that those two don't have Shinigami powers. They are the same as Ichigo but Karin is stuck with the level of spiritual power Ichgo had before the series started and Yuzu doesn't even have that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Any fans ideal version of the movie would be the best movie ever. If they somehow made a movie based on the manga story without messing it up I would love it. I was just basing my idea on what Hollywood could probably do well. If you have more confidence in their abilities than I hope you are right ( and so does every other Bleach fan)

A Karin/Yuzu spinoff probably wouldn't sell well and there is no chance that a Hollywood studio would consider the idea but I would love to see it. It is so unfair that those two don't have Shinigami powers. They are the same as Ichigo but Karin is stuck with the level of spiritual power Ichgo had before the series started and Yuzu doesn't even have that.

By nature, I dont necessarily blame Hollywood as I blame the specific people in charge of the movie for it.

I dont blame Hollywood for the mess that is DBE, i blame Stephen chow who was the producer of the movie and the one who wanted to do the movie in the first place. The same way i dont praise Sony for the success of Uncharted, i praise Naughty dog.

A fan doing the movie would be nice but bring in its own particular problems as whether or not said fan would be able to make it a success. Or whether or not that fan's own particular biases would get in the way.

for ex, I'm an aspiring writer so I would like to do the movie but whether or not i should is another question as I'm not its biggest supporter. I loved Bleach but my love has waned so that could lead into problems.

I think it might work as a tv show rather than a movie but it depends on how successful Bleach is in general. I chalk that up to Karin/Yuzu not being teenagers yet. Puberty could cause them to have a spike in Reiatsu.

Was Jinta's powers ever explained?

Shia Labeouf as Ichigo.

Thoughts?

I dont think he would do it as it reminds him too much of Sam from Transfomers which is why he also turned down the lead role of Y the last man.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Karin and Yuzu actually are teenagers now (both turned thirteen during the 17 month skip before the Lost Substitute Shinigami arc.)

Nothing has been said about Jinta.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Karin and Yuzu actually are teenagers now (both turned thirteen during the 17 month skip before the Lost Substitute Shinigami arc.)

Nothing has been said about Jinta.

I think karin might have gotten a higher rieatsu given that her dad and urahara were planning something with her.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I think karin might have gotten a higher rieatsu given that her dad and urahara were planning something with her.

Maybe, I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. the manga is at the last story arc so anyone that is going to get powers is probably going to get them soon.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You people think anime's get butchered by hollywood ? HA !
That was nothing compared to what Michael Bay did to my childhood (and he is not done yet according to the announcement that he is to direct AND write the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Funny thing, Transformer's prime was awesome and he is not on the show at all.

Its written by the same writers as the movie but without him they can actually make it good.

Top Bottom