• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Biking Accident I Had

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Not really an accident, per se, but a story to tell you all.

So, I've been learning to bike in my phy ed. class. We have this bike trail that goes around campus and by Highway 151, then back to campus. Along the way, there's a wooden, single-file bridge with a ramp going up and one going down. The ramps have no side-bars. Problem.

I felt my front wheel starting to slip off, so I instinctively slammed down my left foot... Only, there was no ground there. I grabbed out at the twigs and such hanging from a nearby sapling, but there was nothing substantial. I fell, and I instinctively twisted around so my back was facing the ground, waiting for the finality of my skull hitting the rocks... And it never happened. By some stroke of luck, the brush had caught on my sweatshirt and kept me about a foot off the ground. The brush also covered everything but my limbs.

My teacher shouted over the edge of the bridge, asking if I was okay. For ten seconds, I didn't answer. I was in shock, a bit. But after those ten seconds, I nonchalantly gave my teacher a thumbs-up. She asked me if I could talk, and I answered back "I'm okay." In a rather calm voice. I worked my way out of the brush, grabbed my bike, and walked it carefully along the bridge. At this time, my teacher decided I was fine and rode ahead with the rest of the group.

My friend Cruz was still at my side, and poked me to get my attention. He was smiling. "Did you hear what the teacher said as you were falling?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "She was frantic, yelling "SAVE THE BIKE!"." He told me, and we both laughed for a good five minutes while we biked along.

Cruz now calls me Nate the Unbreakable. XD

And before you ask, this is a true story.

Meg

Good story. Rep+

Glad you didn't get really hurt. Mind if I share a pathetic story where I get hurt?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;276647 said:
Good story. Rep+

Glad you didn't get really hurt. Mind if I share a pathetic story where I get hurt?

Sure, go ahead. I had intended for this thread to be a near-death experience sharing thing anyway.

Meg

When I was a freshman in high school I went out for a run for cross country and tripped on a sewer drain. I still have a scar on my knee from where the blades sliced my knee open. After it happened I got back up and kept walking....until I saw the blood gushing. Then I was just like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!"

The dark knight

PWNZERD!
meg127;276660 said:
When I was a freshman in high school I went out for a run for cross country and tripped on a sewer drain. I still have a scar on my knee from where the blades sliced my knee open. After it happened I got back up and kept walking....until I saw the blood gushing. Then I was just like "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
meg127;276660 said:

Wow. Did that give you like, a phobia of blood or something?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
meg127;276660 said:

Ouch >.< i hope you got healed soon.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
I'm glad you're okay, DT! That's an awesome new nickname, by the way.

My turn, my turn! When I was in seventh grade, I was biking to school like usual, but I grabbed the wrong bike (we had two different bikes, one with brakes that worked and the others well, didn't...). I was biking down Zinfandel, getting ready to stop for a car to cross at the intersection. However, when I tried to, I just kept moving and right into the street. On instinct, I tried biking out of the way, but BAM! The car hit the back tire of my bike and sent me flying about fifteen feet. My helmet got a huge ass crack in it and my bike was pretty much bent in half.

Funny thing is, I was wearing a Team Edward shirt that day.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Storm Silves;276645 said:

So, I've been learning to bike in my phy ed. class. We have this bike trail that goes around campus and by Highway 151, then back to campus. Along the way, there's a wooden, single-file bridge with a ramp going up and one going down. The ramps have no side-bars. Problem.

I felt my front wheel starting to slip off, so I instinctively slammed down my left foot... Only, there was no ground there. I grabbed out at the twigs and such hanging from a nearby sapling, but there was nothing substantial. I fell, and I instinctively twisted around so my back was facing the ground, waiting for the finality of my skull hitting the rocks... And it never happened. By some stroke of luck, the brush had caught on my sweatshirt and kept me about a foot off the ground. The brush also covered everything but my limbs.

My teacher shouted over the edge of the bridge, asking if I was okay. For ten seconds, I didn't answer. I was in shock, a bit. But after those ten seconds, I nonchalantly gave my teacher a thumbs-up. She asked me if I could talk, and I answered back "I'm okay." In a rather calm voice. I worked my way out of the brush, grabbed my bike, and walked it carefully along the bridge. At this time, my teacher decided I was fine and rode ahead with the rest of the group.

My friend Cruz was still at my side, and poked me to get my attention. He was smiling. "Did you hear what the teacher said as you were falling?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "She was frantic, yelling "SAVE THE BIKE!"." He told me, and we both laughed for a good five minutes while we biked along.

meg127;276660 said:

Glad that both of you are all right.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Glad both of you are ok,meg and Dread[Wow,that rhymes very well.I did it again!o_O]!

I never had any kind of stories like that...but I remember my wild,biking youth...oh the memories...the speed.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devon K. Ryley;276709 said:

Funny thing is, I was wearing a Team Edward shirt that day.

ROFL, maybe it was another Twilight hater that rammed your bike on purpose? Good to know you survived it in one piece though ^_^

I once saw death coming at me in the form of a racing fire engine. Or fire truck. Or whatever you call it again (mind is blanking out on me today). I was headed toward my babyshower with my bff driving me and we came to stop at a red light, when this huge red mother came out of nowhere. The scary thing was that it was speeding toward us on a one way on the highway. Like RIGHT at us, it would have totally turned us into a bloody road-kill pancake.

We crapped ourselves and laid on the horn and waved our arms outside the windows to catch their attention. We didn't even think of getting out because the truck was moving too fast and we would have gotten run over anyway. I shouted at my friend 'I wanted cake!' and she went 'Me too!'. Anyway, they saw us, thank the lord, and turned at the last second to get back onto the right side of the road.

Then we screamed all kinds of curses and waved all manner of inappropriate sign language at them. Only in South Africa, I swear, the people drive like IDIOTS. There really was no humour in the situation at the time, but afterward we were like, so your last thought was that we miss out on cake? Mine too. XDDDDD

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;276645 said:

Dude, I don't know why but I imagined you sounding like Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter. xP

Top Bottom