• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bigboss vs Solid Snake

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't know if this was done on here before but if so I sorry and it can be deleted.

Anyway this is BigBoss from ground zeroes vs solid snake from mgs2

They are roughly the same age by this point in the games

So both start with identical equipment and sneaking suits

Solid snake has no weapons or gadgets from his time and no stealth camo

He only has gear from 1975

Who would win do you guys think

My money is on big boss

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Big Boss would be more skilled in CQC, I'm guessing. He got trained by the Boss, after all. Besides, Solid had been taught CQC by Big Boss, but later vowed not to use it, so his CQC must be rusty in MGS2.

If they used equipment from 1975, Big Boss would know how to handle it better, I'd say. So that's another point for him.

Solid would be a bit younger (three years, I think), so that might affect things in his favor.

So that's 2 to 1 in Big Boss's favor. But other than that, they might just be equal to each other. I mean, Solid is his clone, so he would be physically capable of the same things as Big Boss, I guess. It's been a while since I played MGS2, but I don't recall Solid Snake having a clearly definable advantage over Big Boss in terms of skills or reflexes.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Yeah, at this point I'm wondering if Big Boss isn't simply a superior soldier, like Chancey289 said. I mean, wouldn't Solid be more focused on infiltration than on full-blown combat? So that would be another point for Big Boss, unless they were fighting in an environment that Solid would be more comfortable in.

Anyway, Big Boss is just awesome, and he's got a sense of humor. I'm not sure I ever saw Solid have that :p

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ya big boss is a badass and funnily enough i did not find kiefer sutherlands voice that hard to get used to , he is a pure killing machine in ground zeroes though and the cqc is brutal

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
forgot to say that the rules are they both start with a knife on an island with a base , they have to pick up weapons on the base which is filled with soldiers and they fight with weapons and hand to hand

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Big Boss has always really been presented like the ultimate soldier and Solid Snake, while also good, fighting against the version of Big Boss you're talking about then he really wouldn't stand that much of a chance. He would put up a decent fight but not good enough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it would be an epic fight to watch, especially the h2h fight.

and before anyone says solid beat bb with a lighter and aerosol can bb was 60+ and solid won because he was the hero and it was wrote that way

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i reckon that solid snake will put up a hell of a fight in everything except hand to hand since in mgs2 he isn‘t using cqc i eish i could watch a cg rendering of this fight

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Having played ground zeroes now extensively i have to say in hand to hand and with weaponry big boss would destroy solid snake in combat but solid snake is more stealthy

V

Oldschool DMC fan
SS has accelerated ageing because he's been cloned from an adult guy, so somewhere between MGS2 and MGS4 he goes from normal to "old" and needs a suit to aid his movement, degeneration probably already started by time of MGS1 though since he's like 33 or something then. BB is the real deal though, he will stay at whatever level of fitness he can until he dies, but SS is constantly weakening. So even if SS is a clone with identical potential abilities, his shelf life is crap. This gives BB a massive advantage depending on when the fight happens.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Very true plus bb is stronger physically on top of that and a better cqc expert however ss would get in some decent hits and it would be a crazy fight snake is more suited to base like environments too i would say so he may have the tactical advantage but loses in direct combat

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I don't know about the 'Solid Snake gets weaker over time' thing. Solid Snake's 'degeneration' is not due to him being a clone, it's simply due to his aging. Solid looks like he's sixty in MGS4 - Big Boss would need a suit to aid his movement too, if he were that old. Yes, Solid gets old faster than Naked, but your question was how they would compare to each other if they were the same age. Same age (same body, in this case) = the same physical abilities. It's not like Solid Snake and Big Boss have a melee battle that goes on for years. :laugh:

Yeah, Big Boss could field strip Solid's guns too, considering they're using guns from Big Boss's era. So... I guess you could consider that a point in his favor. Looks like BB is winning.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Another thing i noticed that works in bb favor is he doesn't have a soliton radar so he is better at staying undetected as he doesn't know where enemies are and before ground zeroes had no way to mark them , also he is able to drive apc vehicles and has hunting skills meaning he could lay concealed booby traps something ss could probably also do but still bb has the advantage on a base or a jungle it seems

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Big Boss.

I like the "Survival Aspects" of his games better (MGS 3 and the like), and he's slightly less "full-of-****" than his cloned counterpart.

-----------------------------------------------------

Nah, Liquid Snake. 'Cause he does gymnastics with his shirt off and is voiced by Leonardo and Ryudo from Grandia II.

Like a (Liquid) Boss.

Top Bottom