• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Berserk

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Let's talk about the most popular shonai series of all time, Berserk!

It is a deep a philosophical tale of one man's quest to make his own fate in this world. It's also TOTALLY BADASS!

Guts is a monstrous fighter, with a sword as big as he is. He's got bombs, throwing knives, and a freeing arm inside his left arm, which is metal because HE CUT IT OFF IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE HIS LOVER! In battle, he's an Indestructible Warrior, a true master of war!

He's strong, fast,and kills Supernatural beings without superpowers!

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Berserk is a remarkable manga and I'm very fond of it. It's at once poetic and obnoxious, utraviolent and yet eloquent. The story is as ambitious as it's artwork, each rich in detail in every page. You can enjoy it as adventure schlock or as a poignant Wagnerian opus. There are few manga like it.

Kentaro Miura is still a lazy berk though, and at the rate he's going he'll be long dead before he's halfway done with the series.

Let's get some Forces up in this hizzy.

With a heavy heart though, I do have to point out that this really doesn't belong in Gaming General, unless you specifically and only want to talk about it's game adaptions.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
I wouldn't mind talking about either quite honestly, so until this is moved i'll treat it as a gaming thread.

I've played both Berserk games thus far and both are quite good, the first being the "Guts Rage" Dreamcast game, which is highly flawed in a lot of ways but damn does it feel good to play.

The pinnacle though is the PS2 game "Berserk Millennium Falcon Arc: Chapter of the Record of the Holy Demon War" and despite the fact that it's in Japanese, it's... just no word for it. It's fantastic. It captures Berserk perfectly and really lets you cut loose, it even has it's own theme made by Susumu Hirasawa named Sign:

Check THIS **** out:

If you can find it? Import it. I cannot stress how amazing this game is.

Terrutas

Rayl just sent me the manga, I've read around 90 chapters in four hours. It was a blast.

This manga is extraordinary for it's border less ideas and it's heavy philosophical lines, The artists let no red lines what soever stop them. They draw and write whatever they damn please and I think that's REALLY cool.
Guts/Gatts/Gutts (I still don't know what his name is, it just changes like every four pages.) has had probably the worst past I've ever seen in ANY manga, making the character development amazing. I truly feel sorry for Guts/Gatts/Gutts and it makes me want to keep on reading, hoping that things will eventually turn out better for the guy.
I truly recommend this manga, It's amazing. Friendly warning though, If you don't like gore you'd best stay away. If you do, You won't be able to stop reading this damn thing.

on a side note, Listening to MGR-R OST while reading this manga is awesome.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Allow me to blow your mind: Berserk is entirely done by one guy. Yes, every single one of those ludicrously detailed panels and every line of script is done by a single man. That's part of the reason the series has such a notoriously slow update speed; Miura slaves over every single page and never compromises on his art.

Also, if you're going to listen to anything while reading Berserk, make it Manowar.

Did anyone check out the new OVA? I'm not keen on the Valkyria Chronicles style animation on the big battle scenes, but all in all it's shaping up to be the anime adaption Berserk deserves.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I love Berserk so much. I always get excited every time a new chapter is out.

Even the Guts figure is pretty amazing.

tumblr_lrw50np5gG1qclv8j.jpg

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Allow me to blow your mind: Berserk is entirely done by one guy. Yes, every single one of those ludicrously detailed panels and every line of script is done by a single man. That's part of the reason the series has such a notoriously slow update speed; Miura slaves over every single page and never compromises on his art.

Also, if you're going to listen to anything while reading Berserk, make it Manowar.

Did anyone check out the new OVA? I'm not keen on the Valkyria Chronicles style animation on the big battle scenes, but all in all it's shaping up to be the anime adaption Berserk deserves.

I've been meaning to watch it but i kinda want to see all three movies at once so i'm kinda holding out for now. I am REALLY excited to do so though.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Berserk is the pinnacle of Seinen manga. Too bad the movies we're not on par with the manga so far.

TerrorA

I thought the movies were pretty good, plus they're getting the original dub voices to reprise their roles AND continuing on to the other arcs.

Terrutas

welp, I read the whole thing up until chapter 333. In a day and a half infact. And I have no regret over any minute I spent reading this brilliant, amazing manga. 11/10 would ****.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I thought the movies were pretty good, plus they're getting the original dub voices to reprise their roles AND continuing on to the other arcs.

The first movie is rushed and so many details were left out. The CGI that was used was also pretty ****ty if you ask me.
The second movie is pretty good but they freaking left out the burning the queen scene! But the sex scene was hot :blush:

TerrorA

Don't be embarrassed dude. Many a fan, male or female, has admired the love scene.

I admire the quality and emotion of the scene...and Caska's really hot.

Top Bottom