• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Beginning Here

electrozap

I have always kind of wanted to pick up the DMC games and EB was selling DMC4 for 10 bucks online and I had to order it..especially after playing the sweet demo. It should be coming in any minute. Anyway, I'm starting at 4 (which may not be a good idea..I dunno) but considering I'm playing this one first, which one should I pick up next? I was thinking 3 since it is chronologically the oldest, right?

Thanks for your input,
-Zap

electrozap

I got it yesterday, played for a couple of hours..and I love it so far. The story looks pretty sweet and Nero is a great lead character. I can tell Dante will be awesome to use too. Overall, I like it because it has elements of a classic beat-em-up game but amazing graphics. The only gripe I have about it is that you can not save mid-mission. Last night I wanted to play for like 15 more minutes but chose not to because I didn't want it to be wasted progress and didn't want to stay up much longer playing an entire mission... but then again I guess that that's like a classic beat-em-up too..lol.

-Zap

SkyGemini

S'All over but the Crying
electrozap;185268 said:
I got it yesterday, played for a couple of hours..and I love it so far. The story looks pretty sweet and Nero is a great lead character. I can tell Dante will be awesome to use too. Overall, I like it because it has elements of a classic beat-em-up game but amazing graphics. The only gripe I have about it is that you can not save mid-mission. Last night I wanted to play for like 15 more minutes but chose not to because I didn't want it to be wasted progress and didn't want to stay up much longer playing an entire mission... but then again I guess that that's like a classic beat-em-up too..lol.

-Zap

It does have pretty graphics and though I've only played maybe a dozen or so other games, none of them let me start a mission in the middle. But I do like that swordly hack & slash genre the most. ^_^

This is the first DMC game I played too, but I liked it and ended up getting DMC3 for my PC...it's good too, albeit not quite the same graphically and a lot harder! IMHO, anyway.

electrozap

Yeah, I hear it's hard as the devil. I might play that one next. It looks pretty nice. I want the special edition to try the Bloody Palace stage.

Top Bottom