• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayo's Enzo vs DMC's Enzo

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
SO I've been playing Bayo 1 and 2 and I realize how much of a better person Enzo truly is in Bayonetta as oppose to the DMC series. (presumably DMC3 manga)

In DMC3, Enzo is pretty much a drunk, short, fat Italian man whose a sloppy drunk and has sex with prostitutes while using up all of Dante's earnings from the jobs he actually gets paid with. He's also more lazy and douchey towards Dante to an annoying degree.

Now Enzo in Bayonetta is a bit different. Yeah he's still lazy, probably a drunk, and a douche, but in a more endearing manner. Despite his sleezy personality, he does seem to care about his own kids and wife and they to him. His kids celebrate his birthday with a cake in the first game, while in the second, He buys them presents and he still visits them for Christmas dinner.

So what do you guys think? Which is the more interesting one?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's very telling that Capcom didn't bother to copyright Enzo; I guess they didn't like his Joe Pesci impersonation.

It definitely sounds like Enzo from the B (movie) series is the nicer one. However, neither one really interests me.

-------------------------------------------------

Edit: Wait no. For some reason, I think Kamiya subconsciously wrote Enzo up to make Dante himself look better (in the novels, I mean -- before the manga).

You know, kind of like how some good-looking women out there have a... "less-attractive" best friend to make themselves appear more attractive by comparison.

Kamiya's a Diva.

Viper

Premium
Enzo from Bayonetta is older than the one we know from DMC3 manga, so it could actually be him maturing over time, especially since he got kids. The one from the first novel seems closer to Bayo's, from what I remember how he acted, though we didn't really see him that much.
Though for better comparison, it would be nice if we had those drama CDs in English version where he appears with the cast from anime.

Top Bottom