• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta - spiritual successor of DMC?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Demon's Souls is a action RPG game.
When From software announced "Project Dark" people wondered "is it a sequel?" (even though Demon's Souls had very little to no story).

It was revealed to be a spiritual successor. So similar to Demon's Souls. They also said that they used everything they learned from Demon's Souls and improved it and that the results is Dark Souls (the spiritual successor of Demon's Souls). Now i know Bayonetta storywise, character etc are different (even though there are some DMC elements) but wouldn't it be the spiritual successor to DMC?

I would say yes because Bayonetta is a different game because Hideki couldn't continue with Devil May Cry. Everyone on Youtube says "Bayonetta is just a female Devil May Cry".

What do you think?

Asmodaius

I believe Platinum Games did say that Bayonetta and Devil May Cry are two games that happen in the same world, so in a way, yes, Bayonetta could be a spiritual successor.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think Bayonettta made Capcom angry because they have so many titles that are released every year. Capcom competes with capcom on some levels. Asuras Wrath and NG3 are the only games that are going to compete with DmC in the coming year. Bayonetta doesn't even play like DMC, the only real similarity is that the both shoot guns, other than that, Platinum Games made, possibly, the next stage of hack and slash. And i hope DmC can compete with the level that Platinum Games have set. But from a production stand point, DmC is going to be the better looking and story (probably), and more than likely be higher in sales. But that doesn't take away from Bayonetta being, imo, the best gameplay in hack and slash to date.

Top Bottom