• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Batman: Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC Review (PS3)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
BAC_HQR_009-379.jpg

This is the extra DLC for Batman: Arkham City, which is a stand alone playable chapter from the main menu. This DLC takes place after the events of Batman: Arkham City. I can't risk spoiling the storyline, since the DLC itself has some major spoilers for the main game itself. For those who have purchased the Game of the Year Edition of the game or haven't completed the main game, finish the main game itself first then only you play this DLC.

In this DLC episode, you will take control of Robin and Batman at several points in the game. Robin has access to his own gadgets, such as Bullet Shield to overcome certain obstacles and block gunfire. He also has his own unique combat moves, but he plays the same as Batman or Catwoman, allows you to play as Robin with ease. You will now play at new area called Shipyard, which is located somewhere in the Steel Mill, the Joker's base. Enemies are now dressed in red and black, to represent Harley Quinn's gang as well as her own mourning appearance. As you play the game, you will find many inmates talk about what happened in the ending of the main game itself and blame Batman for it. The DLC lasts between 1 to 2 hours, depending on your playing skills, and it is fairly long for a DLC episode.

The DLC is a fine addition to the main game itself, although I felt the DLC's ending is a bit weak, and doesn't clarify much about certain plot elements, specifically about Harley Quinn's secret in the game and Batman's thoughts after the game. I highly suspect that there will be a sequel, but we have to wait for Rocksteady to announce it in the future. Other than that, any Batman fans should consider purchasing this DLC, or buy the Game of the Year Edition to get all of the released DLC (includes Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwings Challenge Map Packs) at reduced price.

Score: 8/10

Pros and Cons

Pros
- Lengthy DLC content.
- Robin is awesome to use in the DLC story.

Cons
- Ending does not provide closure to Batman's struggles in his mind.
- DLC does not explain or clarify about Harley Quinn's secret.

Top Bottom