• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Avengers Endgame (Spoilers)

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Haven’t actually watched it but read all about it and have also spoken to few people about it and I just haven’t been bothered to waste about 3+ hours of my life giving it a try.

Personally I’m not a fan of time travel in movies. It seems like a huge cop out to me. These are all characters taken from comic books so for me they could have literally thought of something a whole deal greater than “Well they use time travel to ‘fix’ everything”. That alone just made me go...Nah.
I think that something must be watched first before talking about it in negative or positive way if you don't watch it whit your own eyes you can't judge it, but since you already now what happened there's little to watch now

I watched the movie whitout knowing anything and trust me my friend it was very exiting if I already knew everything I would have lost half of the fun

Time travel is often used in comics, also it was used in x men days of future past, and the time travel things is only 30 minutes of the movie they don't fix everything whit it, it's not the core of the movie

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If it's not the core then it's pretty essential. Like, their whole plan hinges on time travel being a thing.

It's just such a messy thing to try in films because it seems to create more issues than it solves. It nearly always happens that rules are laid down and then nobody adheres to them and the results seem to indicate it never mattered in the first place.

We had both Cap and Gamora messing with timelines but apparently it doesn't matter. Which I personally found dumb when they made a point of warning about that sort of thing.

Vergil95

If it's not the core then it's pretty essential. Like, their whole plan hinges on time travel being a thing.

It's just such a messy thing to try in films because it seems to create more issues than it solves. It nearly always happens that rules are laid down and then nobody adheres to them and the results seem to indicate it never mattered in the first place.

We had both Cap and Gamora messing with timelines but apparently it doesn't matter. Which I personally found dumb when they made a point of warning about that sort of thing.
In endgame is well established more than one time that if you go back in time you Don t alter anything you simply create a parallel timeline... So cap and gamora can mess but it doesn't matter for the main timeline

If you want to understand this better just simply think at dragon ball z android saga, trunks went back in time to save goku and the other but he doesn't altered his timeline, he created a new one... I don't understand what's so hard to understand and what's so messy, probably people just overthink stuff that are uneeded

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
How does a completely different Gamora not mess with the current timeline? This one doesn't have the history or relationships the other one did...that is going to affect stuff, surely? I mean, how could it not? It's not a new timeline created in purity, it's a smushing of two parallel ones where the future from then onwards will be different but the past still has effect. People's memories are still there, events have still happened.

Quill lost the woman he loved only for an earlier version of her to turn up and now stick around with no prior knowledge or recollection of their relationship, her friendships with the other guardians, the things they've all been through etc...And I know in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter and I'm sure guardians of the galaxy 3 will sort it all out nicely...but for me it was messy.

I'm not overthinking, it's a legitimate question I have. I don't need an answer on it especially, I'm just not happy with how they did this.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I didn’t have time to get around to seeing it so I read a little bit about it and the first thing I heard about was time travel and that in itself was enough to put me off wanting to see it. As I said it sounds like a copout to me and I’ve never liked that idea.

Why only dabble in time travel now if it was something that was always possible? What’s the point in waiting for literally everything to go to **** just to then go “Well we could just use time travel”. It sounds very stupid to me in my opinion.

Vergil95

I didn’t have time to get around to seeing it so I read a little bit about it and the first thing I heard about was time travel and that in itself was enough to put me off wanting to see it. As I said it sounds like a copout to me and I’ve never liked that idea.

Why only dabble in time travel now if it was something that was always possible? What’s the point in waiting for literally everything to go to **** just to then go “Well we could just use time travel”. It sounds very stupid to me in my opinion.
You didn't watch the movie so you can say it's stupid since to make time travel possible it was very difficult in endgame plot, the Avenger can't go back in time when they want, it was only possible thanks to all the event that accursed and thanks to the combined effort of hulk Tony stark and ant man work... Just watch the movie since I think you are not as superficial persone to just say: oh I don't waste my time whit this because it's stupid even if I didn't see it... it's not stupid the time travel, there is a reason for it, but since you didn't watch the movie you can't know... for example why should I say that dmc 5 is stupid if I never played it? I could say: vergil is back it's so stupid, dante is an idiot from the trailer ecc, but why should I say this if I never played it? Just an examplr

@Angel
The think that she is a the gamore from the past does matter Infact she doesn't recognize quill and kick him in the ball and she went whit her sister not whit the guardians, did you watch the movie?

In guardian of the galaxy 3 it will be interesting to see how quill and the guardian deal whit this since she doesn't know them

The gamora that is present at the end is no the gamore from the main timeline, when they Avenger go back in time they created a new timeline and the gamore is. From the new timeline, and she went in the future main timeline, this two timeline are connected but doesn't change the previous movie established, the original gamora is dead and probably the new gamora will never become one of the guardian

I am answering you because you didn't understand the fact that gamora doesn't went whit quill and the other but whit her sister, she doesn't know them

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I read about that time travel thing and pretty much most of the rest of the story. It didn’t sound interesting to me and I wasn’t impressed and I think they could have done a better job and came up with something other than time travel. I don’t have to watch the movie to know how I feel about this sort of stuff. I get that you enjoyed it and that’s great I am glad that you did like the movie but it’s just not really something that sounds that great to me.

I will get around to watching it but I’m not overly excited for it.

Vergil95

I read about that time travel thing and pretty much most of the rest of the story. It didn’t sound interesting to me and I wasn’t impressed and I think they could have done a better job and came up with something other than time travel. I don’t have to watch the movie to know how I feel about this sort of stuff. I get that you enjoyed it and that’s great I am glad that you did like the movie but it’s just not really something that sounds that great to me.

I will get around to watching it but I’m not overly excited for it.
I hope you get to see it, probably you will not like it but who knows, but there is difference in seeing it and reading it, there is difference in reading Tony stark death and watching it, I almost cried when many of the things in the movie happened but if I would have read it I would not have feel the same things that you fell while watching it

also as I sayd to another member before, already knowing the story take Half of the fun out while watching any movie or everything else, if you watched the movie whitout knowing the time travel you would have probably enjoyed it better whitout prejudices

Top Bottom