• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

ATTACK ON TITAN LIVE ACTION MOVIE: First Look/Character Posters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The live action adaption of Attack on Titan gets its first character posters revealing the cast.
NA-113142.jpg

Haruma Miura as Eren
NA-113143.jpg

Kiko Mizuhara as Mikasa
NA-113145.jpg

Kanata Hongo as Armin
NA-113146.jpg

Satomi Ishihara as Hanji
NA-113147.jpg

Nanami Sakuraba as Sasha
NA-113148.jpg

Takahiro Miura as Jean
NA-113149.jpg

Levi?
NA-113150.jpg

Annie?
NA-113151.jpg

Hannes?
NA-113152.jpg

Pixis?
NA-113153.jpg

NA-113154.jpg

NA-113155.jpg

Seems they cast all Asian actors in the roles which is a minor pet peeve considering how they made a point that Mikasa was the last oriental person out there. Whatever though. There seems to be a lot of original characters here which are probably just remixes of characters from the manga.

What did you think? Will it be good? Bad?

For me it's a wait and see. I don't know why so many anime fans act like Japan knows how to adapt a manga where for the most part their efforts have been abysmal themselves. Rurouni Kenshin being the only great one. Death Note was decent. It would make no difference to me whether Hollywood or Japan adapted it. It's kinda fair game to me. Edge of Tomorrow was a manga adaption and that was good.

I love the series and I hope it'll be a good movie, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Meg

I was just about to ask that! :eek:

I have no idea if this is going to be good. I don't think I've ever watched a live action movie based on an anime. And to be honest, I like Attack on Titan and everything, but I would rather have the next season over a movie. Regardless of how good the movie is. Buying manga is expensive. :'(

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Analyzing the poster, it looks kinda modern doesn't it? The background for Eren looks kinda like a city, and the destructive backgrounds in the other posters just don't seem like the structures depicted in the show. Like apartment buildings. And of course Hanji sporting the heavy weaponry.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
I hate to be the one that says it but...
I can already see this movie falling through just like Dragonball Evolution and The Last Airbender.
My hopes are pretty low with this movie :/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm a huge Dragonball fan and I can even find some entertainment value in DB Evolution. It's for the most part in the so bad it's kinda funny category. Plus, some things in it are actually cool. I like the car fight scene against the bullies, Chow Yun Fat, and Goku's outfit at the end actually looks good despite him not looking like Goku. I do like that actor though. Justin Chatwin is great in Shameless and so is Emmy Rossum.

The Last Airbender just fills me up with rage because it's one of the worst adaptions I've ever seen and got everything wrong. How can you eff up one of the greatest shows of all time like that? Does that movie really count right here though? It's not a manga adaption. Avatar The Last Airbender was created over here in the west.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think maybe it might be better if it was the west who tackled Attack on Titan. It could actually be cast right at least. I'm not the kind of person that thinks Japan is the only one who can do anime adaptions because like I said, for the most part they have already failed plenty of times. It's fair game to me.

Only Rurouni Kenshin was actually awesome (which I'm watching again as we speak) and Death Note was decent at best. The Death Note films did have a better ending than both the original anime and manga though. I'll give it that.

Plus, it's not like the west hasn't done a good manga adaption before. Edge of Tomorrow was great.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm more bugged by how its setting is completely different. It's a modern post apocalyptic setting. That's why there's a rocket launcher and destroyed concrete structures. That's not the medieval architecture the series is known for.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I saw the "new" characters and i was like "Who the **** are these guys?". Potator girl looks good though.

I'm not really holding my breath for this and i'm always skeptical about manga/anime live action anyway. Rurouni Kenshin is the best anime/manga live action i have seen so far and Edge of Tomorrow is up there too. I'm more of a huge Kenshin fast so as far who is better than the other i'm bias over Kenshin. The First and Third movie was just awesome, the 2nd one was pretty eh. Now all i need is for them to adapt Jinchuu Arc in anime or manga form. The ****ty reflection OVAs doesn't count.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, AoT is popular worldwide so how hard would've been to find a European production who'd put the effort and finance to co produce a live action version with, I don't know, German setting and actors with medieval locations. Germany has the proper architecture in a lot of towns and I'm guessing it's where the thing takes place, isn't it? I kinda gave up after a few episodes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I saw the "new" characters and i was like "Who the **** are these guys?". Potator girl looks good though.

I'm not really holding my breath for this and i'm always skeptical about manga/anime live action anyway. Rurouni Kenshin is the best anime/manga live action i have seen so far and Edge of Tomorrow is up there too. I'm more of a huge Kenshin fast so as far who is better than the other i'm bias over Kenshin. The First and Third movie was just awesome, the 2nd one was pretty eh. Now all i need is for them to adapt Jinchuu Arc in anime or manga form. The ****ty reflection OVAs doesn't count.
Where can I watch the Rurouni Kenshin sequels man? I need to see them. I loved the first film and my boy Shishio is supposed to be the villain.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Where can I watch the Rurouni Kenshin sequels man? I need to see them. I loved the first film and my boy Shishio is supposed to be the villain.

I watched both 2nd and 3rd film in theaters. It got licensed here on my country so i'm pretty lucky. It seems that you guys have to wait for it to be licensed in the state to watch it on theaters or just wait for the Bluray.

And Tatsuya Fujiwara(Battle Royale and Death note) absolutely nails Shishio.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
martin scorscesce should direct this movie. everybody in the manga pretty much dies. everybody in his movies pretty much die. seems like a fitting piece right?

Top Bottom