• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Attack on Titan Discussion for funzies. Show thus far.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So, I finally got around to watching Attack on Titan and I can see why it's been so talked about. It's pretty damn good and I haven't become this invested in a show in general in a while.

When it came to anime recently I just have been re-watching some of my personal favorites because nothing was all that appealing to me. Attack on Titan however has even got my friend Reed addicted and he's not even particularly a fan of Japanese cartoons. He watches stuff like Game of Thrones for the most part.

I really love this show. I like how it's got a bizarre yet unique concept and also it's very brutal and knows how to keep the tension. I also like how it stays focused and doesn't succumb to silly anime antics like other shows tend to do. For example Fullmetal Alchemist that while it has a fantastic story and touches on some deep things I can't help but get annoyed when it would get all looney toonish with that unfunny short anger Ed has and sh!t. It really makes the show lose its tone and doesn't do it any favors.

Titan however knows exactly what it's doing and it never strays. The show can also get rather depressing. They get massacred by these things and it sometimes really seems almost hopeless.

The characters are all pretty interesting as well and there's not one particular character I ever mind getting screen time. Sometimes some should maybe have more.

This is one show I will definitely add to my collection when it's released.

Spoiler Talk Ahead

If you see where the series has been left off for now Eren and his buddies are all part of the Recon Corps and are trying to make their way towards that basement.

While anything could be in that thing I have some speculation about the stuff that's been going on.

For one I think the Colossal Titan has connections to his dad or probably is his dad. Like some experiment gone wrong. And the Titans themselves are somehow created through the consumption of humans. Like when Eren turns in to a Titan he's chilling in the weak point. Maybe the titans are just these giant shell bodies and the people are chilling in that weak spot unknowingly controlling these things so severing the weak spot is killing the human inside or something I don't know.

Eren was stuck in some dreamlike state when in the Titan losing control.

It's just some random thoughts so feel free to leave yours. I just can't wait to tune in to the next episode.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Good to see that you're now watching it. The titans till now are still a mystery. There is still no clear explanation of what they are even in the manga but of course, the closest thing that we got is that the titans are a failed human experiment and Eren got his Titan powers because of the dosage that his father gave him(I mean it's pretty obvious but who knows.)

Also, honestly Eren didn't ****ed you off even just one time?

Now go and watch Fate Zero now.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Attack on Titan! You made a thread for this chancey and I love ya' for it! (I was going to do that today...lol)

But yes, the show is amazing! I've been watching it and stuff and it's really good. I for one think Eren is an awesome protag, he isn't the 'spiky hair dude with the ****ing op powers'. Well, I mean, he does have the OP titan transformation power...but he can and will still get his ass kicked. His motivations are justified and I really felt for him in the first episode, after seeing his mom get eaten like that. After seeing that first episode, I couldn't really eat for the rest of the day. Dramatic, I know. But still, this show has an amazing emotionally impacting story and I can't wait to see what we'll see in the future!

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I really love attack on titan i kinda felt bad for ignoring my friends recommendation of the show when he first showed it to me.
I make sure to watch every episode when it comes out and its been quite awhile since i've done that with a series. Though the one thing that I hate about the show is some of the fans who spoil it for fans of the anime like me Dx.
Watching these while watching the new episodes are the best haha

Top Bottom