• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Atrophy of Soul's DMC 4 review

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I quite enjoyed the reviews. Even though DMC 4 is my favorite entry into the series I do agree on mostly all of the points that it had with its flaws. Although I do respectfully disagree with him saying that DMC 4 was the easiest in the series. I had more difficulty withsome of the enemies, especially the boss fights, on the harder levels than I did with DmC and DMC 2. That aside, I believe this is one of the best reviews for this game.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yup saw his DmC and MGR review. This man knows what he is talking about.

I'll watch his NG3 and NG3:RE review later as well as his DMC HD Collection review and if I like them check out his reviews for games I don't care about (such as Bioshock Infinite, Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed, and etc).

aoshi

I disagree to a few of comments:

1)Nero's combat being shallow. DMC combat is not always text-book style but involves a lot of improvisation. And a lot can be achieved through improvisation with red queen and DB abilities. Not to add dante was also playable. So nero's moveset was proportionate enough to have one more playable character(Dante).I don't know why he was explaining exceed so much with the number of revs and result. Its very obvious that one rev will result in one streak revolution and three revs will result in 3 streak revolutions.Its not jus streak but is the case with high roller as well.

2)Darkslayer...He really overlooked use of darkslayer in DMC 4.
a)Darkslayer attacks cannot be blocked. It can be used against angelos who will block but we can repeatedlty tap style button and break their guards.
b)Dimension slash covers a large area and can stun a group of enemies over wide surface area. It was of great use in bloody palace to quickly dispatch chimera seeds before taking over hosts(scarecrows and assaults).Plus , if we were to dodge away using trickster we can launch a quick attack from long range with dimension slash to keep the style meter from falling and then subsequently following up with regular melee attacks.
c)Darkslayer aerial rave can be cancelled repeatedly and requires no remapping of controller to achieve this cancel. It adds flair to aerial abilities of rebellion swordmaster. Capitalizing in air would be near impossible without darkslayer aerial rave.
d)Darkslayer can stun cutlasses moving swiftly over a surface area which is otherwise harder to stun them with any other dante's attacks.

3)DMC 4 being new-gamer-friendly. True, new gamers can play this game and have fun but pros got a great game too. We can roll to dodge attacks but at the same time use table hopper to achieve this. Another thing that royal guard was not as DMC 3 is again a NO-NO. There are other four styles on the fly. So royal guard was given the right proportion in DMC 4.

But yeah, i agree with the final score.(8/10).

Top Bottom