• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Asura's Wrath Episode Pack: Part IV DLC Review (PS3)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
NOTE: This is a review for Part IV DLC of Asura's Wrath. It contains 4 new playable chapters after the last Part in the main game. This DLC Part is named as Part IV: Nirvana.

605974_20111031_screen004.jpg

This DLC concludes Asura's Wrath story, and serves as the true epilogue arc for the main game. It has 4 playable chapters. Three chapters for Asura, and one for Yasha. The gameplay remains the same, with some rail on shooters levels and fighting levels. QTEs are also present as well.

I admit, the gameplay is something that doesn't appeal much to many players, because it has many QTEs during cutscenes and when playing the game itself. Not to mention that the game's nature is to be played and carried out like Japanese animated television series.

The main reason I bought this DLC is to find out what happened after the main game's True Ending. If you have obtained the True Ending in the main game, you will get a 'To be continued...' on the screen, which prompts many unanswered questions. Without spoiling the story, I have to say this DLC concludes the game perfectly, with several heartfelt moments as well as epic gameplay moments.

I have to applaud the writers of this game for making a very good storyline. Even though it is simplistic in nature, but the game have many heartfelt moments as well as great dialogue. Thanks to the well cast voice actors, the dialogue and the story are synchronised perfectly.

After completing this final Part, there is an Interlude playing that may implies that there will be a sequel. I am one of the minority who hopes that this game will have a sequel, preferably with more challenging gameplay as well as lesser QTEs.

However, I think it is a mistake that CyberConnect2 did not include this DLC into the main game from the start, since I personally think that this DLC is vital for those who are really addicted or intrigued with the game's storyline. Perhaps this is Capcom's decision for their DLC plans, although I do not agree with their policy on DLCs as of lately.

If you are extremely intrigued what happens after the True Ending in the game, you should get this DLC. It is a bit costly, with $6.99 as the price, but it is worth purchasing it especially if you like Asura's Wrath storyline.

Score: 8/10

Pros and Cons

Pros
- Concludes Asura's Wrath storyline perfectly.
- Many emotional moments.
- Final boss fight is epic and awesome.

Cons
- Gameplay problems are still the same with the main game itself (Abundant QTEs, short playing time, etc).

Top Bottom