• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassins Creed V

Location?

• Japan

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Egypt

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
That's the point. All those games exist but it's not an actual "ninja" so to speak who are doing it. The use of Katanas, kusarigama, smoke bombs, ninja stars in an "authentic" or semi realistic way in a video game would be something new. Also i asked you to give me an actual "ninja" game with good stealth and you gave me none because there is none.

Yeah, i agree. I believe ACIV is the best AC game probably on par with ACII for me. But i still believe it strays too far from actually Assassinating people. The Nemesis system and the wraith system from Shadow of Mordor is what Assassin's Creed should have since I or II, as those system especially the wraith system makes interesting mechanics for dispatching your foes.

I don't think having a semi-realistic or an authentic ninja game with actual stealth would be overdone. The only overdone here is the fact they were always depicted as inaccurate killing machines.

I'm also not excited for a Assassin's Creed Egypt. It would only look awfully lot like Syria. The best thing we can do is to wait. Since we all know there will be an another Assassin's Creed game this year(Aside from that expansion). I would be surprise if we aren't getting one.
Mark of the Ninja... Which I already mentioned... A while ago...
Mark-of-the-ninja-logo.png

As redundant as "stealth ninja" is, this is one of the most recent and appears to be one of the more well-down "stealth" and "ninja" games.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Thought it's on consoles only. Good thing it's also on the PC.
It was Xbox 360 first, then PC, Linux, and OS X. Considering that Microsoft Studios published MotN, it makes sense how it was released. The thing is, if there's ever a "Mark of the Ninja 2", no one really knows where it'll go. If it follows Halo, then it'll be restricted to consoles only. If it follows Fable, it'll be this weird mess of console-first then PC to console-only, console-then-PC, and whatever the hell's going to happen later. If it follows Orcs Must Die, then console-then-PC to PC only.

The sad thing is that out of Microsoft's exclusives, Halo and Fable are the only ones I have an interest in but never got to play some of their sequels because of exclusivity. Couldn't play Halo 2 'cause me PC is crap, but I never got past the first of the games because of them being Xbox 360 only. Orcs Must Die seems more "friendly" on PCs because of its controls and gameplay. That and I don't think it sold well on the 360, but sold well on PC. So, that's okay. Alan Wake is a no-go since I do not handle horror well, but it looks so interesting. Anyway, I mention this as my gripe against exclusives.

Apparently, MotN was created with the mindset that ninja games should be stealth-based when every ninja game, Metal Gear Rising, Ninja Gaiden, Yaiba, Shinobi, Ninja Blade, Nightshade, and more, are just action-games with little to no stealth. Here's the article if you want to read more: "How the 'Mark of the Ninja' designer stayed true to the dark art". Klei Entertainment is the studio you're going to be looking for by the way.

Speaking of deterring off the path of an idea. Ironically, Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3 mentions how spies aren't like Jame Bond with his womanizing and not-so secretive behaviors. Let's see, ignoring the player's actions, how many people know about the secret agents that are Naked Snake, Solid Snake, and Raiden? Oh yeah, everyone. Then again, this might be more realistic, since the other side are probably aware enough to suspect and have a list of potential spies. Likewise, Splinter Cell sort of does this, but since there were leaks, Sam working undercover, and his former organization going after him, it's more like the Bourne series. Altair even mentions that having their ring finger missing makes it so easy to identify Assassins; he fixed this, but soon Ezio would undermine his work by having everyone wearing Assassin's robes. Yes, let's all wear hooded robes, walk the streets, and not be considered suspicious by any means. It wasn't until sometime during the Golden Age of Piracy that Assassins were more subtle. Despite having hoods, they looked more like officers, pirates or regular people. Hell, Edward's modifications made Duncan Walpole's robes more pirate-y and mercenary-like than Assassin. Rip off the hood (and remove Edward's only means to obscure his face) and you'd have a dashing, white-clothed pirate. Then came Connor who completely did not look conspicuous at all. I mean the giant symbol on his belt, hood, and "I walk like a predator" did not give off any signs of danger. Well, at least the modern Assassins got it right. Yakuza using their suits to cover their hidden blades, others dressing like regular people, why that's genius. Oh wait, what about Desmond wearing his visible hidden blade and traditional Assassin's robe colors? No wonder he died...

Yes, we know that Assassin's have an iconic image, but could we do away with it or make it much more subtle. Hell, if they set Assassin's Creed in Asia, instead of wearing hoods, have them wear the wide-brimmed hats like the kasa. It could give a "ronin" look to an Assassin without giving off signs.

The Final Offer

I hope the people who made Splinter Cell add some DLC with ninja equipment or base their next project on ninjas.

Wishful thinking.

Top Bottom