• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Assassin's Creed & Metal Gear Solid - similarities to history

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Both of those game franchises are almost to connected to history. How is it possible?

Metal Gear Solid - WWII - The Cold War & the Gulf War

Assassin's Creed - Templars and how assassins existed.

ZeroLove

Many other games takes place in real-life history, however, both MGS and AC have fictional elements in it. they aren't connected in any way, just doing what many other games have done as well.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I really like how they both connected to real world history. It just adds a nice bit of immersion to the game, and I actually enjoyed learning about those time periods (More so assassins creed since I knew nothing about those time periods).

In answer to how it's possible, it'll be down to lots of research on the developers part. I do have to respect them for putting time into getting this stuff as accurate as possible, and also being able to adjust parts to include their games. Much better than any CoD game (Or equivalent) that has you running in killing anything foreign lol

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Your opinions on Metal Gear Solid?

- Big Boss' life took place during WWII
- Solid Snake's life took place before the Gulf War.
- MGS4 never existed. I wonder what the future holds.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Assassin's Creed just seems to have a big deal with wanting to show off their common knowledge of world history. Especially in 3 where Connor just stumbles into historic events like it was an episode of the Magic School Bus. At least Metal Gear Solid makes all this stuff more interesting by getting batshit insane and it's a very original world. I'm actually just sick of Assassin's Creed at this point though. 3 was not that great and it was just another Ass Creed game. The series was fun at first but now it's just stagnant.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Assassin's creed 2 will forever be the best for me.
Hutchinson that arrogant dev is milking assassin's creed really.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Assassin's creed 2 will forever be the best for me.
Hutchinson that arrogant dev is milking assassin's creed really.
2 was the best. Ezio was actually a very well rounded character and was definitely alot more interesting than Altair and Connor who was just ****ed off all the time. After 2 they just released these 2 glorified expansion packs and while I actually really enjoyed the Brotherhood multiplayer it wasn't enough to release an entirely new game upon. Plus Revelations and 3 really dumbed down the multiplayer by making it easier for the stupid people to now win. If you died in Brotherhood you really couldn't blame no one but yourself. After that you were dying by the one person who was just had the convenience of spawning closer to you. Plus, who's bright idea in 3 was to make the stun and kill button the exact same button? Quite a few times I accidently killed a civilian because of that stupid crap.

Top Bottom