• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aspects of DmC to make be incorporated into DMC

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Basically a flip to the DMC characters in DmC thread. Is there anything people would want to bring over?

Note- if your just gonna complain about how DmC shouldn't exist please take it somewhere else. The ranting thinking thread is available for your ranting needs.

To get the obvious out of the way, you can't cram DmC in the timeline as taking place before or after DMC3. Both games have a theme of Dante awakening to justice so to have him go through it twice would feel redundant. Your best bet is to take DmC and divide into smaller pieces and weave them in seperately.

For example-
  1. The weapons are the easiest to bring in because you could just have them be weapons other character use. Like Kablooey could be for Lady and Eryx/Aquila could be for Nero. They don't have to be demonic or angelic but they can be.
  2. Kat could be just a psychic Dante or Lady knows or a psychic Vergil worked with for reasons (eventually becoming nero's mom etc)
  3. Dante's trailer at the beginning of the game could just be where Classic Dante lived while he was getting started.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh. I see. You meant story wise.
Gameplay wise I've mentioned time after time what I've thought should go into the following game from DmC. I don't know if I'd want any of the plot elements to transport over to DMC but if I had to pick, no way around it, I could see Phineas having a place in the story.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@berto
I was going for either gameplay or story addtions. I'm mostly focused on writing because I'm a writer but I've thought of same gameplay stuff. I just hoped there would be more input/feedback.

Oh well:frown:.

Limbo could work as an aspect of Hell or Heaven if they decide to bring that in. The environments would shift around Dante while he traverses it as it percieves Dante as a threat.

Limbo city could just be the city he lives in as it was never named before.

Last edited:

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Man, it's been literal years since I've posted on this site- but I'll bite.
I'd love for some of the hard, industrial sound of DmC to make its way into DMC 5. Like it or not, it meshed really well with the electronic thrash rock we got in 3 and 4.

Top Bottom