• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham Origins "Standards"

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, this takes me back...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.406877-Arkham-Origins-Replacing-the-Voice-of-Batman

... to about a week ago. :/

I read the comments on the list and I'm amazed at how these comments sound so similar to the detractors' comments on DmC...

"The hell is it with developers getting rid of the original voice actors? I mean, come on, really?
Not as bad a reason as Theif 4's, getting rid of Russel because they need someone who can do their own stunts so they can capture it all at once. WHY?! It's a first person stealth game! Why the hell do you need to have such advanced mo-cap and facial capture stuff?!?! The new Garrott even wears a freaking face mask[/i] for ****'s sake!![/I]
Anyway, yeah. Developers ditching the original voice actors makes me sad."

"so right now i assume the game will suck and not be like the other arkham games.
but i will not be bitching about it till i see footage that proves me right(please don't suck)"

"That's strike two for this game."

"Mnyeh do not want *pout*
The fact that it's not the original Arkham team has already put me off..."

""Hey, you know those Batman games that sold like hotcakes?" said the Warner Brothers executive. "Let's get rid of everything good about them. Our customers are clearly sheep who won't notice if Rocksteady is gone, if we remove established voice actors and hey, we sure would like to add some of that... whatsitcalled... multiplayer! Kids do seem to like that these days! Okay, toodles!"
And then he whacked himself in the face with a shovel and proceeded to set fire to his own trousers."

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Not sure about anyone else, but I'm looking forward to this game.

Sure I have worries about the original team not being a part of it, but from what I have heard and read it sounds pretty interesting to me.

Hoping that they can pull this off since a lot of fans are currently on the fence about this game and Rocksteady not being a part of it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I love comic books. I love the Arkham games. What I thought would be another game of awesomeness right away is now making me skeptical. I don't want to be.

>What do you do to the developers who made 2 of the greatest superhero games ever? Replace them.
>Adding a rumored multiplayer mode to a game that never needed in the first place becoming a waste of effort and forced more than anything.
>Getting someone other than Kevin Conroy to voice Batman. What the freaking f*ck man?

Kevin Conroy is Batman. When I'm reading Batman comics the voice I ALWAYS imagine in my head for Batman is Kevin Conroy. ALWAYS. Just like my Joker is Mark Hamill. Not hearing Kevin Conroy as Batman in the next game is making my heart hurt.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
>Getting someone other than Kevin Conroy to voice Batman. What the freaking f*ck man?

Kevin Conroy is Batman. When I'm reading Batman comics the voice I ALWAYS imagine in my head for Batman is Kevin Conroy. ALWAYS. Just like my Joker is Mark Hamill. Not hearing Kevin Conroy as Batman in the next game is making my heart hurt.

Yea, hearing the Kevin Conroy will not be voicing Batman caught me by complete surprise.

I can understand Hamill since he made it clear that Arkham City would be his last time as the joker.

That was why I was not surprised to hear that Joker will not have a prominent role in this game like he did in the previous 2 (although I do expect him to appear in a cameo at least).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yea, hearing the Kevin Conroy will not be voicing Batman caught me by complete surprise.

I can understand Hamill since he made it clear that Arkham City would be his last time as the joker.

That was why I was not surprised to hear that Joker will not have a prominent role in this game like he did in the previous 2 (although I do expect him to appear in a cameo at least).
I don't believe Mark Hamill is completely done with the Joker. He might surprise us and I heard he'd be happy to play Joker again if DC did an adaption of The Killing Joke.

If someone else will voice the Joker I vote for the guy who did the Joker recently in Injustice. He did great.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I don't believe Mark Hamill is completely done with the Joker. He might surprise us and I heard he'd be happy to play Joker again if DC did an adaption of The Killing Joke.

If someone else will voice the Joker I vote for the guy who did the Joker recently in Injustice. He did great.
Yea Hamil does show interest in returning, but only under certain special circumstances such as The Killing Joke.

Doubt he will take on the role as prominently as he used to.

And yea the guy from Injustice did a great job actually, much better than the guy who did his voice in Mortal Kombat vs DC in my opinion.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I love comic books. I love the Arkham games. What I thought would be another game of awesomeness right away is now making me skeptical. I don't want to be.

>What do you do to the developers who made 2 of the greatest superhero games ever? Replace them.
>Adding a rumored multiplayer mode to a game that never needed in the first place becoming a waste of effort and forced more than anything.

Weren't there three or so "classic" Batman voice actors alongside Kevin Conroy?

I don't know who they are, but I think Gary Owens might be one of them and that Conroy was the most memorable. Also, apparently, Michael Ironsides was once Batman. Here's a chart of the Batmen: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Batman/Batman/

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm excited beyond belief for this game. I've always been a fan of Batman my whole life, not the kiddy-**** or the stupid Lego games, but the real gritty and darker comics and the Dark Knight movies. The Arkham titles have always been among my favorite game and I'm delighted that they decided to do a project to showcase the first year of Batman's hero career. We get to see the bat evolve into the Dark Knight.

It disgusts me to see just how against change people really are. We haven't seen the game in action, we haven't heard the soundtrack, and we most certainly haven't even gotten a release date. People need to stop whining and bitching when a project is handed to someone else. Rocksteady is busy with the next Batman: Arkham title, and this is a game that I've actually wanted for awhile now.

Also, check out my cig. I made a badass Sig showcasing several of the screen shots that we've gotten!

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."

But you have to admit; if they pull off Multiplayer flawlessly, just think how awesome it could be?

People can make their own heroes, possibly with a detailed character builder. Level up and gain new parts.

Or maybe you could be a villain.

But yeah, I am a bit frightened to know that Kevin Conroy isn't voicing Batman.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm excited beyond belief for this game. I've always been a fan of Batman my whole life, not the kiddy-**** or the stupid Lego games, but the real gritty and darker comics and the Dark Knight movies. The Arkham titles have always been among my favorite game and I'm delighted that they decided to do a project to showcase the first year of Batman's hero career. We get to see the bat evolve into the Dark Knight.

It disgusts me to see just how against change people really are. We haven't seen the game in action, we haven't heard the soundtrack, and we most certainly haven't even gotten a release date. People need to stop whining and bitching when a project is handed to someone else. Rocksteady is busy with the next Batman: Arkham title, and this is a game that I've actually wanted for awhile now.

Also, check out my cig. I made a badass Sig showcasing several of the screen shots that we've gotten!
I don't mind the Lego Batman games.They're fun.

As for Nolan's Batman, I did enjoy Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Rises was a real let down though. That being said, I don't think Nolan's Batman universe is that good. I doubt Nolan even reads comics. The best interpretations of the world of Batman and how it should be lie in the books written by Grant Morrison and the ever so amazing Batman:The Animated Series.

While Christian Bale is a great actor, he's not a very good Batman. Quite frankly I think one of the best Batman's portrayed on the big screen was Micheal Keaton's Batman. I do have a spot for Nicholson's Joker as well but I will not deny Heath Ledger was freaking amazing as Joker. Nolan really p!ssed me off with how he screwed up Bane. Next to Mr. Freeze Bane is one of my favorite Batman villains.

I'm not the one against change but, how does these changes make any real sense? Why switch development teams? I don't understand why Kevin Conroy wouldn't be voicing Batman. Even if it's a prequel his voice shouldn't be different. And the multiplayer when this game never needed it before. It's a waste of effort. It's about as dumb as Tomb Raider getting multiplayer. This just reeks of those suits in the higher ups saying "single player games don't sell."

Top Bottom