• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham (M19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
This is the one boss that really troubles me in DMC3. I can learn most of the other bosses attacks by practise, and generally learn to dodge most of them well. But no matter how much I fight Arkham, its always a bit hit or miss.

So here's what I know:

When he does his flying slug attack thing, I use Kalina Ann (or Summoned Swords with Vergil) to take them out, and keep jumping to avoid his attacks.

When attacking Arkham, I keep close and jump to avoid his hand when it swipes.

The problem is the 'spears' he sends out. I think they home in on me, and I just cant figure out a strategy to avoid them. Does anyone know how to tell when he's going to do it, and have a good way to avoid it?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yup, that was troubling me too. But I figured it out. When he does it he first glows with some kind of red aura and then they start appearing. Just do small jumps towards left or right to avoid them. However once you first jump right you must continue going right through small jumping or else they'll still hit you. Hope that helped.^_^

tettora

I find if you have a weapon with air hike ability, or if you have trickster mode on, it's quite easy to avoid anything he sends out.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Thank the Heavens! I thought it was just me who had trouble when squaring off with Arkham. Despite facing him several times I still haven't quite learned how to counter his attack patterns. Probably never will, either. ^_^ Nice tips, Tony.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Thanks, I'll give that a shot in future. Just beat him on Very Hard with Vergil, and had to use a couple of vital stars near the end.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Devil Leon;63151 said:
Thanks, I'll give that a shot in future. Just beat him on Very Hard with Vergil, and had to use a couple of vital stars near the end.

That's what actually helped me beat him. Vergil. It was his lack of 'Air Hike' that made me realize that short jumps do the job. (Of course Vergil can keep attacking forever while Dante cannot which makes him a bit easier with Vergil)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Hnnnnn, I though Arkham was pretty easy for a big boss, especially after Vergil comes to the rescue. But then again i've haven't played it on any of the super duper hard modes.

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Vergilissexy;63168 said:
Hnnnnn, I though Arkham was pretty easy for a big boss, especially after Vergil comes to the rescue. But then again i've haven't played it on any of the super duper hard modes.

Trust me, Arkham is horrible on the harder modes :p and when Vergil turns up he disables my DT (with the HP regen it gives :( )

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Does he tend to choke Dante more? Cuz I love it when he does that, it gives me a chance to make Vergil rescue him. 8D Sometimes I get a little mean and make em wait. XD

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Devil Leon;63174 said:
Trust me, Arkham is horrible on the harder modes :p and when Vergil turns up he disables my DT (with the HP regen it gives :( )

You can say that again... What **** me off is when you and vergy finally get a chance to really lay into him he gets flushed away. Then you have to deal wit all those annoying slugs before he plops back in like the turd he is. You know, Dante was right, it is like starring down a backed up toilet.o_O :sick:

Devil Leon

Devil Hunter
Vergilissexy;63178 said:
Does he tend to choke Dante more? Cuz I love it when he does that, it gives me a chance to make Vergil rescue him. 8D Sometimes I get a little mean and make em wait. XD

To be honest I almost never see him do that any more. Not sure why :\

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Yeah, he doesn't do it much in normal mode. >_>

DarkSlayer.;63195 said:
You can say that again... What **** me off is when you and vergy finally get a chance to really lay into him he gets flushed away. Then you have to deal wit all those annoying slugs before he plops back in like the turd he is. You know, Dante was right, it is like starring down a backed up toilet.o_O :sick:

I hate that too, those slugs are annoiying.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
These minions are nothing for me in any mode just until Vergil arrives"-_- I don't if he brings bad luck with him or anything but before he turns up I blast them easily with Spiral and when he comes I'm on the run...>_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom