• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham and Jester are separate characters?

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Hello to all of you, how are you guys doing? Ok, I just finished DMC3 Special Edition game yesterday 3 times to understand about the storyline more and now I've finally understand everything in DMC3, for now. But there is actually one thing that keeps bothering me between Arkham and Jester. I know Jester is Arkham's alter-ego and Arkham/Jester considered as one character but lets take a look at this way, remember when you are playing during in mission 17 where you fight Jester for the final time? During that moment, Arkham was actually in busy mode possessing the power of Sparda and transforming himself into Sparda inside the Demon World while Jester is inside the Temen-Ni-Gru in mission 17 waiting for Dante to challenge him for the final fight. So logically speaking, how Arkham could possibly change himself into Jester while concentrating on possessing the power of Sparda in the Demon World?

So seeing from that angle, could a demon who possessed Arkham way before DMC3 was actually named "Jester"? Could Jester was the one who agitated and manipulated Arkham to kill his wife in the first place in order to get what he wants? What if Arkham was actually innocent when he was only a mere mortal human? What if Arkham and Jester were having a discussion and negotiated each other before Jester possessed Arkham to be his own alter-ego? What if Jester was the one who introduced everything about the legendary Dark Knight Sparda, the twin sons of Sparda, the two amulets, the Temen-Ni-Gru and the Demon World to Arkham before DMC3 when Arkham was a human? From my point of view during the aftermath of the final fight against Jester, he could possibly flee and disappeared himself into God-knows-where, and never appears again in DMC1, DMC2 or DMC4 timeline anymore.

What says you?

On a different note, Happy New Year 2014 to all of you beautiful people! May this year will fulfill your new year resolutions and have a wonderful time with your family and friends! Happy New Year 2014 once again Devil hunters! Hopefully I'm not too late to wish. XD

Last edited:

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
jester's fights aren't part of the story line. They were introduced as bonus battles for the SE

Top Bottom