• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arius (DMC2) vs Sanctus (DMC4)

They can both transform into their strongest forms if they wish. Who wins?

• Total voters

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Alright so I had this argument a while back and it never got settled. So now I'm asking you guys, who do you think would win if these two fought each other to the death. Both worship demonic power periodically and were *spoilers* killed by someone other than Dante *spoilers* Feel free to discuss and, most importantly vote for your choice :wink:
Mtang_dmc2.jpg

3f7d6458f605.jpeg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well what point will they be fighting.

Sanctus at the beginning or near the end.
Or Arius at the beginning or near the end.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well what point will they be fighting.

Sanctus at the beginning or near the end.
Or Arius at the beginning or near the end.

Id say both at ful power at the end so im gunnavote sanctus i dont know a lot about arius but i know with nero i made sanctus look incredibly stupid on both fights mission 10 and 20 but sanctus against someelse i think hed win

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ow, then yeah Sanctus because though he doesn't have all of Sparda's power, he still has some of it, and Sparda surpasses most demons soooo Sanctus.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Ow, then yeah Sanctus because though he doesn't have all of Sparda's power, he still has some of it, and Sparda surpasses most demons soooo Sanctus.

Tis what i figured i dont know much about arius but sanctus has his sheild his teleportation his fire balls and flame waves his flying light things and the sparda sword

berto

I Saw the Devil
Sanctus flies, he has a giant statue, teleporting, lasers, lightning, the Sparda sword, and lightning. Arius has lackeys, summons, dark portals, black spikes, energy spheres, a giant mutation, and a really high pitch voice that can annoy to death. Sanctus wins. The shields really make the difference on this one.

AlastorSword

Looks like Sanctus is putting the smack down on Arius. Though to be fair he does have some feats here and there. Here's what I've got, (bare with me as some of it may be a bit exaggerated)

Speed:
Arius doesn't really show much outside of dodging Dante's sword swing in one cut scene. Graphic wise it looks pretty pitiful but taking into count that this is the strongest Dante, it holds a little merit I guess.
He also has some darn good acrobatics as he flips around his table when you attempt to attack him. What I think should be noted thought, is that like Sanctus, Arius also has teleportation which he does frequently when battling him in and outside his office. He has one other technique that turns his body into dark matter that carries him around at a very quick pace. While like this he is insurmountable to all forms of damage in those moments.

Strength and abilities:
Arius carriers a demonic revolver when he battles. Considering that this is his only weapon, it must have trumendous fire power. Arius' main method of fighting is dark magic however and he has a pretty big arsenal if you take some things into account. Like Sanctus he can make a shield to protect himself, HOWEVER, unlike Sanctus' shield, it doesn't break when attacked too many times. While under his shield he is completely invulnerable until he decides to let it up again to attack. He also doesn't seem to have a waiting time or a limit to how many times he can use it.

>He can create large spikes made of pure energy and he can send them into the air or on the ground at will.
>He can create a tiny black hole anywhere near his opponent sucking them inside. While inside he compresses and crushes them before warping them into the air and dropping them.
>He can make a sort of dark matter grenade.
>He has the ability to summon a number of lesser demons like the Goat clan for air combat, a number of different Msira, Savage Golems and even pretty powerful demons like Furiataurus and most annoyingly, Secretaries (which have the combat speed of base Lucia and a butt load of health) for ground combat.
>Apparently he molded most of those skyscraper sized buildings himself, with his magic. One even transforms into a full fledged demon (Nefasturris) who could fire lasers on the fly and likely destroy and entire city block with ease. Because Nefasturris is made up of thousands of Nefasvermis', Arius would have no trouble at all unleashing more than one if they fight in a large area.

AlastorSword

>Arius also has some pretty good destructive feats as well as magic speed.
If you notice at 2:55-3:11 The magic he casts destroys the entire top floor and follows Dante all the way down as he leaps from the top of the skyscraper and manages to nearly hit him, before he DT's to escape airborne. Doing a little bit of math here: Dante was noted at being a little over 6 ft in height... lets say 6'1 or 6'2. With an athletic build, Dante is probably around 165 to 180 lbs then. Combine that with Lucia who also has a healthy build and is likely about 5'7 in height and as such maybe around 1 25 to 130 lbs. Combining their weight to be 310 lbs. Now while the skyscraper Dante jumped from isn't the size of Burj Dubai, it did mess with the skylines so I'm going to assume it's a little less than the World Trade Center. About 500 m (or approximately: 1,640 ft). By diving (or standing up) in free fall, any experienced skydiver can learn to reach speeds of over 160-180 mph within just a few seconds. Thanks to Lucia's combined weight their mass, while staying the same, now increases acceleration at an alarming rate.
Using the terminal velocity formula, v = the square root of ((2*m*g)/(ρ*A*C)).... actually screw it I'm too tired to do that math after all >_< Lets just say his magic is high supersonic/ low hypersonic with over a tonne of force.

AlastorSword

Endurance:
During his first battle he fought Lucia and Dante one after another. The fact that he survived both fights means he either went unhit, or there attacks just weren't enough to put him down for good. In Lucia's case, he says "You lose Chi..." much to her surprise. This would mean despite having the striking force to destroy tanks and kill demons like Orangguerra (who destroyed a few city buses but running into it) and Tateobesu (who's scales were destroying small pillars while underwater) her attacks did no damage to him. In other words he tanked her. A minute or so afterwards, Dante shows up and challenges him. Without a moment to heal or prep. time, he fights him as well. This time he loses which means he not only got hit by Dante but likely more than once. If we use scaling, Dante in DMC1 had the striking strength to dispatch Mundus who in all likelihood, had a stronger frame than the Savior. When applying that strength and multiplying it considering the years apart it takes, Dante would most likely have more strength now than Nero's Devil Bringer. It's also supported by the fact that Dante in DMC4 was already strong enough to hold it back with one arm for a few second and even pin it down with his foot.
He also survived a shot form the infamous Ebony and Ivory... you know the guns that did this:
3:00-3:13
3:18-3:32
1:20-1:33

AlastorSword

Now granted he had some boosts in the past, but his charge shot in DMC2 has the power to one shot a demon king all on its own:
I would say his normal shot could likely destroy an entire house. Arius took one to the head and one to the chest, then survived the drop from more or less 1,000 ft drop.
An by absorbing maybe only a fraction of Argosax's power he survives it and cames back stronger.
Then he splits the ground with a roar, deep enough to fit a few buildings...

While Sanctus does have a little of Sparda's power, Arkham did the same thing and was defeated when Dante was much younger and weaker so, I doubt that means much. Basically put it like this, if they had switched spots and instead of Nero fighting him, DMC2 Dante fought Sanctus Diobolica, how long will he have lasted. Would he have even survived? Well I personally am leaning towards Arius on this one.

Also keep in mind this is all base Arius. Possessed Arius' power increases 10fold.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
>Arius also has some pretty good destructive feats as well as magic speed.
If you notice at 2:55-3:11 The magic he casts destroys the entire top floor and follows Dante all the way down as he leaps from the top of the skyscraper and manages to nearly hit him, before he DT's to escape airborne. Doing a little bit of math here: Dante was noted at being a little over 6 ft in height... lets say 6'1 or 6'2. With an athletic build, Dante is probably around 165 to 180 lbs then. Combine that with Lucia who also has a healthy build and is likely about 5'7 in height and as such maybe around 1 25 to 130 lbs. Combining their weight to be 310 lbs. Now while the skyscraper Dante jumped from isn't the size of Burj Dubai, it did mess with the skylines so I'm going to assume it's a little less than the World Trade Center. About 500 m (or approximately: 1,640 ft). By diving (or standing up) in free fall, any experienced skydiver can learn to reach speeds of over 160-180 mph within just a few seconds. Thanks to Lucia's combined weight their mass, while staying the same, now increases acceleration at an alarming rate.
Using the terminal velocity formula, v = the square root of ((2*m*g)/(ρ*A*C)).... actually screw it I'm too tired to do that math after all >_< Lets just say his magic is high supersonic/ low hypersonic with over a tonne of force.

While arius sounds kind of badd ass when you put it this way you didnt say whether or not it was snactus and arius alone or sanctus and aruis with backup each cuz if were going that route i still say sanctus and the saviour lol saviour would mash whatever aruis threw at him but alone id say theyd be a good match but i still give it to sanctus

AlastorSword

While arius sounds kind of badd ass when you put it this way you didnt say whether or not it was snactus and arius alone or sanctus and aruis with backup each cuz if were going that route i still say sanctus and the saviour lol saviour would mash whatever aruis threw at him but alone id say theyd be a good match but i still give it to sanctus
Well I kind of consider the Savior to be a being of it's own magnitude rather than just a tool for Sanctus, so I meant just those two alone. Considering that most of the being Arius summons, he can make on the fly, it wouldn't truly be a one-on-one power struggle. I probably didn't think that through >_> Silly me. lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well I kind of consider the Savior to be a being of it's own magnitude rather than just a tool for Sanctus, so I meant just those two alone. Considering that most of the being Arius summons, he can make on the fly, it wouldn't truly be a one-on-one power struggle. I probably didn't think that through >_> Silly me. lol

Hmmm you have brought up some interesting points for arius he does seem like he posed quite the threat...And personally i didnt find sanctus that intimidating to fight at all he doesnt really have any big attacks the really impressive stuff came from the saviour really sanctus was just a floating ball of annoying cheap attacks(shtupid fireballs >.< lol) i might be willing to revise my vote

AlastorSword

Hmmm you have brought up some interesting points for arius he does seem like he posed quite the threat...And personally i didnt find sanctus that intimidating to fight at all he doesnt really have any big attacks the really impressive stuff came from the saviour really sanctus was just a floating ball of annoying cheap attacks(shtupid fireballs >.< lol) i might be willing to revise my vote
Circumstance also plays a pretty big role. They seem to have a counter for each others attacks. Also Sanctus Diabolica has Sparda's sword so shouldn't go down easy. I see it as 50/50 really.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
It'd be more awesome if you could actually included the Devil King Mundus, The Savior, Arkham (Blob form), Argosax the Chaos and Despair Embodied in that poll questions above there. I think their power level is equally the same. So I'll go for 'Tie'. In DMC universe, in fact, the most ruthless Devil King Mundus would just crush all of the DMC villains just a few seconds. I don't think I need to further my explanation about why I stated that. Even Dante had no choice but to transform himself into his father's Legendary Devil Trigger in order to defeat Mundus. Dante didn't even have to transform himself into his father's Legendary Devil Trigger to defeat Arkham (Blob form), Arius, Argosax the Chaos, Despair Embodied, The Savior, Sanctus and all other DMC villains as well. So it clearly shows that Mundus is the most hardest boss and the true archenemy to Dante.

Last edited:

AlastorSword

It'd be more awesome if you could actually included the Devil King Mundus, The Savior, Arkham (Blob form), Argosax the Chaos and Despair Embodied in that poll questions above there. I think their power level is equally the same. So I'll go for 'Tie'. In DMC universe, in fact, the most ruthless Devil King Mundus would just crush all of the DMC villains just a few seconds. I don't think I need to further my explanation about why I stated that. Even Dante had no choice but to transform himself into his father's Legendary Devil Trigger in order to defeat Mundus. Dante didn't even have to transform himself into his father's Legendary Devil Trigger to defeat Arkham (Blob form), Arius, Argosax the Chaos, Despair Embodied The Savior, Sanctus and all other DMC villains as well. So it clearly shows that Mundus is the most hardest boss and the true archenemy to Dante.
Yeah I was thinking about doing something like that later on. They have power levels that required either a duo or an amped up Dante to defeat them. It's really awesome how just for those couple of moments Dante in DMC1 was probably stronger than he is anywhere else, when using that form. So it would be Mundus=(Sparda form DT) DMC1 Dante>DMC2 Dante>DMC4 Dante>DMC1 Dante>DMC3 Dante=Nero>Trish>Lady. Though I do wonder what was stronger Majin or Sparda DT? I think that will be my next poll.

Top Bottom