• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Argosax Or Mundus

Who will win

• Argosax The Chaos

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Mundus The Devil King

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I want to vote Argosax, but only when you explain your reasoning for your own vote, Crazy.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Argosax can kiill Mundus because of his power of absorbing demons, think this, if he absorded Dante or Nelo Angelo, he can be a good fight for Mundus, Argo can too release his true form, and i would like him even more if he talked a little, but i believe he was a neutral demon.

See now Mundus, he had actually to send his minions to kill Dante, when he was pretty powerful alone, he hides his true form under a angel statue, he was so fool that actually sended Nelo Angelo to battle Dante, knowing that if he losed Dante could become even more powerful.

What i say, Mundus never thinks, and has some problems with his true from, when Argosax obviusly can be stronger that him and he was the Chaos.

I voted for mundus despite ive never played 1 or 2. just cuz he is the devil king, but after readin TCD post I'd say argosax...and surely a little late.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
What TCD said makes sense...

Argosax absorbs fallen demons, and if he'd had the sense to absorb Dante or someone on an equal scale, he'd be unstoppable. Plus, his true form puts up one hell of a fight. Mundus' true form had some power issues, as well. He couldn't do much of anything in his true form, which was a writhing, swirling being of broken marble and burbling lava.

Argosax would win.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
we have never seen the two of them at full power. both were defeted and sealed by sparda so we don't know how much of their power they recovered before fighting dante. but going by what we have seen of the two of them. and the little information avalable about what happend during that time.

i am guessing Mundus is probably more powerful. Argosax has never absorbed live demons that we know of so i have to assume he can't. so argosax can't absorb dante. and if he could absorb nelo angelo he whould have done it. ( another reason vergil may be alive) .

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
*Considers the fact that Argosax is made up of a bajillion friggin' demons.*

Yeah, Argosax, even if he was the most BS boss Devil May Cry ever pulled.
WAIT, no, that one is reserved for The Despair Embodied.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Precisely WHY he was BS, but I digress, Argosax > Mundus, Mundus may be pretty damn beefy, but Argosax is made up of christ knows how many demons, and even then it's true form IS the Despair Embodied anyone, and that thing kicks unholy amounts of ass.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
darkslayer13;224993 said:
I am guessing Mundus is probably more powerful. Argosax has never absorbed live demons that we know of so i have to assume he can't. so argosax can't absorb dante. and if he could absorb nelo angelo he whould have done it. ( another reason vergil may be alive) .

If Mundus is more powerful, i doubt it, it was sayed that Mundus was defeated by Sparda, but i dont remember when it was stated that Sparda defeated Argosax, that i remember he was never killed neither defeated, he was sealed using the arcana items, and Mundus was defeated and passed 2000 years regenerating.

Sparda™

Argosax the Chaos was a powerful demonic king who once ruled the Demon World, and was infrequently worshiped by the people of Dumary Island. Eventually, he was recognized as evil, and was then defeated by Sparda and the Vie de Marii.

Well, this explains all.

I choose Mundus.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, that's not actually a fair comparison then, considering Sparda defeated Mundus single-handedly, but fought Argosax alongside an army.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
That, and Mundus also got beaten by the infinitely weaker (at the time) Dante, so the man himself, solo, beat Mundus, as well as his half-breed, weaker son.

Argosax took a god damn friggin' army alongside Sparda to kill, gotta give Argosax some credit, he's a hardass.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Argosax had to be taken down by am army of people, and he was sealed, meaning his power was even greater that Mundus, Mundus was defeated alone by Sparda and he was never sealed, there only two ways to explain Mundus not being sealed.

1He was even weaker that Argosax and Sparda didnt needed to seal him.

2Or Sparda didnt know how to seal someone back them.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That, and Dante probably fought him during a period of regeneration, which explains why he was so weak at the time.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
you have a point. but argosax just seemed weaker to me. maybie it was just due to differnces in game difficulty. but i have guess about why sparda might have needed help even if argosax was weaker . 2000 years ago sparda sealed mundus. 2000 years ago sparda sealed the temen ni gru and his own power.

if sparda fought argosax with his power sealed he whould have needed help even if Argosax was weaker then mundus.

Sparda™

darkslayer13;225015 said:
you have a point. but argosax just seemed weaker to me. maybie it was just due to differnces in game difficulty. but i have guess about why sparda might have needed help even if argosax was weaker . 2000 years ago sparda sealed mundus. 2000 years ago sparda sealed the temen ni gru and his own power.

if sparda fought argosax with his power sealed he whould have needed help even if Argosax was weaker then mundus.

This right here.

Therefore I say Mundus again.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If Dante could do it all alone, Sparda could've done it too. He could still access his power through Devil Trigger. It's why he crafted and used Force Edge/the Sparda sword, as a link to his sealed power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom