• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are you more prepared than Marcus?(If so, how?)

Exejpgwmv

This video got me thinking:

So, as the title implies, just share how you think you're(currently) more prepared than Marcus is.
I'll go first:

1)I lock my f*cking doors and windows, when I'm the house at least.

2)I don't put the equivalent of a Zelda puzzle between me and my self defense weapon.(Which is a metal baseball bat because I probably should not, and legally cannot, own a firearm.)

3)I have a dog and a cat, both of which flip their sh*t when someone even so much as stands next to the front yard fence.

You are not limited to three reasons.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i have
double paned windows and doors

pvc doors with no outside handle

double locks

bolts on doors too

a house alarm with a code and 24 hour watch

2 trained german sheppards and a doberman guard dogs that roam the ground at night and protect house and garage

and i have 2 hurleys a baseball bat and a hunting rifle

Exejpgwmv

i have
double paned windows and doors

pvc doors with no outside handle

double locks

bolts on doors too

a house alarm with a code and 24 hour watch

2 trained german sheppards and a doberman guard dogs that roam the ground at night and protect house and garage

and i have 2 hurleys a baseball bat and a hunting rifle
Not trying to be mean but, your "house" sounds like a fortress.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i have 4 cars out back for circuit racing and drag racin and driftin as well as a family car my own daily car a recovery truck a transport trailer and jeep and 2 motorbikes

and a garage with over 100k wirth of equipmemt

so it has to be ha ha

the garage has an alarm on code too and i have security bars i lift and lock in in front of it's door so i am content we are safe

there aren't ever robberies in ireland out my neck of the woods but better to be prepared than to regret not being later

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Honestly, since I live a peaceful life in a still quite peaceful country (compared to some others), I don't think I'm that much more prepared than Marcus. I do live in a building on third floor, so there is still a chance I might not be the one they attack. Also, the building's entrance door were recently replaced with heavy pvc ones that can be opened from the outside only with a key. Our own door has two locks and a chain, all three in use at night and these doors can only be opened with a key from outside, even if we forget to lock from the inside. Chain can only be removed from inside, you can't even push anything through the gap, since my dad added padding to the door, so there is no gap actually.
Weapons we have none, unless you count our collection of kitchen knives, including recently bought and very sharp chef knife, and dad's tools (drills, saws, etc.). Oh, and bathroom is full of stuff that should not be getting into eyes. Might be even some that should not be getting onto skin either.
Umm, the metal floor lamp we have in each room might be used as weapon, the base is quite heavy, and the stand can be easily unscrewed.
And lastly, my dad is quite large, still quite strong and is a war veteran, so I gather still has better reflexes than average guy.
But I think most important thing is that if they come to kill me, I'm more than willing to drag the bastards to hell with me. :tongue:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
We've got double locks on all our doors.

No burglar bars in our windows so chances are they'll get in that way.

Luckily I have a golf club next to my bed, a stainless steel pan in the kitchen, steel hangers in the dining room, a coat hanger by the front door, plenty of lego all over the house, deos and candles in the bathroom , etc.

And I'm crazy.

In other words, I suppose I'm less prepared than Marcus.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Where I'm living, the most I have would be locks and bolts on doors, no handle on the outside door; burglar alarm system and locked garage.

As for house weapons, there are a selection of very sharp knives in the kitchen; and I doubt my cats would be good at house defence if there was an intrudor:tongue: But I live in a peacful area anyway, so I hope I wouldn't have any problem.
If somethng did happen though, I could hide in my walk in wardrobe and lock the door while I phone for help.

As for where I grew up, there's a electronic gate with a buzzer and intercom for visitors and security cameras; locked garages, all doors have locks, and an alarm system. No dogs though, and can't say we've ever had to use any of that anyway. I swear my dad got that gate and intercom installed just to mess with me when I return home. :rolleyes:

KRSkull

The outer doors of my house are made of metal with no out side handle and has large sliding bolt just like the ones used to lock the solid metal cell entrance door in prison All windows has metal bars which was added while the house was being built. All in doors are made of Wood and has a this type of lock

bathroom-locks2.jpg

In my room i have an aluminum baseball bat, an aluminum cane,
Shinai (bamboo Sword), an airsoft Rifle and Airsoft pistol. two flashlights, pocket knife, and My multitools. We also have a machete, diana mod 45 air rifle, a few kitchen knifes, and a few empty glass bottles and jars.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I live in a village where nothing happens without everyone knowing... I also can't watch the video on my phone so i don't know what this video is about... lockpicking? burglary? alien invasions? more pudding?

Viper

Premium
I live in a village where nothing happens without everyone knowing... I also can't watch the video on my phone so i don't know what this video is about... lockpicking? burglary? alien invasions? more pudding?
It's about some father of the family that forgets to lock the door one evening and intruder gets in. He is in his bedroom and needs to save his family, but the gun in the drawer has a lock on the trigger, key is somewhere else, so he makes quick dashes from bedroom to basement to bathroom, all the while everything that could go wrong is going wrong cause the guy should have done this or that in advance while maintaining perfectly rational thinking while his loved ones are in danger. In the end he is standing with the intruder in front of him holding his daughter, and he raises the gun to shoot him... only he forgot to check if there are any bullets. The end.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
It's about some father of the family that forgets to lock the door one evening and intruder gets in. He is in his bedroom and needs to save his family, but the gun in the drawer has a lock on the trigger, key is somewhere else, so he makes quick dashes from bedroom to basement to bathroom, all the while everything that could go wrong is going wrong cause the guy should have done this or that in advance while maintaining perfectly rational thinking while his loved ones are in danger. In the end he is standing with the intruder in front of him holding his daughter, and he raises the gun to shoot him... only he forgot to check if there are any bullets. The end.
Oh well...

1. the odds of that happening in this English village is very very slim

2. i'd batter the **** out of him with a metal pole before he even managed to get into the living room ... I'm a little insane you see.

Top Bottom