• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arc System Works will Keep the 2D style in contrast to the trend of 2.5D.

aoshi

Yeah, 2-D is still best for fighting games as there are no open spaces and is pure combat-driven.Combos also look sweet in 2-D.

Street fighter 4 was not like street fighter at all. I have not played it for long hours but did not appeal to me like earlier street fighter games.

2-D is still best for fighting games.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^For 2D games that is.I find that 3D games are equally good on pure 3D and on 2.5D[3D movement and 2D style/cel-shaded style].

Thank god that Arc System Works is still wise.Doesn't mean I don't want more Guilty Gear 2 : Overtures though!:p

aoshi

^ Nah, 3-D is not as flashy and fast paced as 2-D. They are good multi-players but not as flashy and spiky as 2-D.

Street fighter 4 was bulky and supers looked over-animated and cheesy to pull-off.

Street fighter alpha 3

Captain Ren

Tribble
i have my issues with 3d fighting. not that i hate them but they tend to be full of glitches. like in SC4, where my huge sword attack passed TROUGHT my opponent because he did a freaking step...

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^That's 2.5D as well.I personally love 3D fighting games even if they are mostly anime fighters.Some games[and some are pretty flashy aoshi :D] :

The Dragon Ball Tenkaichi/Raging Blast series

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series

Gundam Vs Gundam series

Hitman Reborn!Tag

and

Dissidia : Final Fantasy.

Top Bottom