• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone thoughts on this happening?

Elijah Guerrero

So... Would you guys be open to DmC2 if when it's revealed, Tameem comes out with Itsuno and Matt and he gives an apology for the vitrol and snide remarks to the fans during DmC development and interviews, and say he wants to exceed fan expectations as his team works hard with Capcom to bring a great devil may Cry experience with DmC2?

Say Itsuno gets his wish to work on a DmC2 and take a more active role in shaping the game and combat to be top notch and the characters to be more matured.

(I posted this on the DMC reddit, which not to my surprise, was downvoted and pretty much every response was 'no, let this trash die, we got the good stuff back' to '**** NO, you whiny lil fanboy'. Safe to say i prefer this forum site to the reddit)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I still pass on it. If they completely rework it and make it DMC-like, both in terms of gameplay and characters. But than again why I need it than, with DMC5 around the corner?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Elijah Guerrero
I don't mind if he apologizes but i wouldnt want him to spend too much time apologizing. I rather that comes across in how they promote and develop the game.

they could always do a crossover between DMC/DmC. The second light novel did something similar and since DMCV has a ton of references to the first light novel, they could do that there as well.

I'm with @Lain and @DragonMaster2010 as a DmC2 with NT ain't right. Granted if a new company wants to do another reboot I'd be ok with giving it a shot. DmC was a cluster of Bad PR so i wouldn't want other companies to deal with it unless they want to.

I'm ok with Itsuno not having a bigger role in DmC2. Him being an overseer/advisor is fine with me.

I'm cool with @Meg's suggestion of Tameem getting a co-writer. NT has a good relationship with Alex Garland who did Enslaved with them. Maybe he could come in for a DmC2 (or work on a potential DmC movie....:cool:).

DC also had the rights to do a DMC comic back in 2010 so tapping them could be cool. Or recruiting from Marvel as they tend to have more writers switch.

Warren Ellis who did the Castlevania netflix show does projects for Marvel/DC ;).

@Innsmouth raised a good point. If you made DmC more like the Classic series than is there a real need for DmC2 when you have DMCV. Which has always been DmC's problem.

Even if Capcom wanted to work with NT they could always just try another project than returning to DmC.

Last edited:

Elijah Guerrero

@Z218 I mean like how DMCV takes what they like from DmC and incorportating it into that game, DmC2 could include the taunting that 5 has (taunts varied on style levels and air taunting too). DmC2 could till keep its different flavor and not feel like a DMC clone with a different paint.

Goldsickle

I don't care who makes DmC2, as long as it doesn't maintain the very "Japanese" control scheme of the original series.
Japanese developers are creative when it comes to setting and gameplay system but they fall flat when it comes to mapping down the buttons and certain other things, like needing the screen to go black during transitions.

In other games, if they need to show the door unlocking or something, they just show it.
In Devil May Cry, the developers always feel the need to have the screen fade in and out of black.
I get the fade to black thing when you're loading one room at a time or transitioning from title screen to stage select but it really hurts my eyes when there are unnecessary fading black screen transitions.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Even if he did apologize, the damage to his and NT's reputation is done now so I doubt a DmC2 would succeed. At least as long as Capcom isn't officially done with the main series and doesn't wrap it up properly.

The whole DmC move was a mistake and destined to fail in reception from the start, regardless of what you may think of the quality of the game. It's best for NT to focus on other stuff now and leave the whole DmC affair behind them at this point.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Even if he did apologize, the damage to his and NT's reputation is done now so I doubt a DmC2 would succeed. At least as long as Capcom isn't officially done with the main series and doesn't wrap it up properly.

The whole DmC move was a mistake and destined to fail in reception from the start, regardless of what you may think of the quality of the game. It's best for NT to focus on other stuff now and leave the whole DmC affair behind them at this point.
Well that sucks cause I wanted to see what happened next, but sadly that's probably gonna be the case. Ironically I played DmC to get away from DMC. Now I just got GOW and that barely gives me the same thrill in combat without all the cheesy anime stuff. Hopefully when DMC5 comes out it can remedy that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I would love a DmC 2 and I don’t think it’s necessarily about apologising to the fans at this point. I’d be happy if it had better PR like @Z218 said and they didn’t make statements like “This’ll be cooler than anything you’ve seen the old Dante/Devil May Cry do”. Those kind of things aren’t going to sit well with the fans.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
not sure what to feel about tameem apologizing, done is done.. but it could happen now, DmC2 i mean.

knowing DMC 5 will be the last of sparda's sons saga, so maybe the bros'll be on DmC2 instead, that way there's room fo both games, just a thought --wishful thinking involved

ShiningTempest

Apologize?
Isnt that too good for cool people like Tameme?

The problem with that is, DmC has no place in gaming.
It failed to replace the original and on its own it cant stand.

The best thing that can come out of this would be if Capcom were to sell DmC to Microsoft and they can get NT to make a sequel.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Apologize?
Isnt that too good for cool people like Tameme?

The problem with that is, DmC has no place in gaming.
It failed to replace the original and on its own it cant stand.

The best thing that can come out of this would be if Capcom were to sell DmC to Microsoft and they can get NT to make a sequel.

This. And I highly even doubt Capcom is even going to do that. The best you can get from this is that NT makes a spiritual successor to DmC.

Top Bottom