• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone here a Dark Cloud Fan?

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
For those of you who don't know or don't remember Dark Cloud was an early PS2 Rpg with fun game play , a great soundtrack , and a good story. It was also followed by a decent sequel. This game was one of my favorites as a kid

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I don't like the first Dark Cloud in terms of gameplay - stupid, weapon-breaking system. Then again, it was my first PS2 game and I think I was around 8 or 10. Just think of a young boy running around with Toan as the main character with a level 99 Sax fruitlessly fighting the final boss with Ruby as "Miss Back-up". Not one of my proud gaming moments nor my finest; this goes along with me using hacks to go through Kingdom Hearts 2. I swore I would never use cheats again since it made the game so freaking boring; cheats for fun like big-head mode are okay.

Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle in other areas) was another story. It's one of my favorite RPGs if not favorite games. Ironically, I never beat the game and I think I'm on my sixth or seventh playthrough. The furthest I got was the second-to-last dungeon; not counting the "secret" dungeon. I love the music, the visuals, the voice acting, the gameplay, I love everything about it, but I never beat the game ever, strangely. I think I'm on the volcano place now and that was about 1-2 years ago. Damn backlog.

I still hope for a Dark Cloud 3 even though Rogue Galaxy and White Knight Chronicles are considered spiritual successors to the Dark Cloud series.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I actually hate the first game... MUST DRINK WATER OR I'll DIE ! WTF seriously it made me ragequit.
Dark_chronicle_cutscene.jpg

Dark cloud 2 on the other hand is a big BIG improvement over dark cloud 1 great graphics,much more improved combat,more colorful characters and much more fun stuff to do like taking photos and making stuff which i found much more enjoyable than re-building the village in Dark cloud 1 though just like @shin i also couldn't finish the game and i hope to see a Dark cloud 3 someday along with my nightmare creatures3.

Only gripe i have with Dark cloud 2 is that you can't jump !!! why can't you jump ?? >_< you can clearly see the jump in the beta of Dark cloud but some idiot removed it.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Personally I like the first game more , I know the second one made some good improvements in game play but i'm more attached to the first game probably because it was a game i played early in my childhood. I also think its story and atmosphere were better. I can see why people would like 2 more though

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Personally I like the first game more , I know the second one made some good improvements in game play but i'm more attached to the first game probably because it was a game i played early in my childhood. I also think its story and atmosphere were better. I can see why people would like 2 more though

Dude, Scott Menville makes everything awesome; Scott was the voice actor for Robin in the Teen Titans show, Zephyr in Resonance of Fate, and Maximilian in Dark Cloud 2, also he was the first voice actor for Lloyd Irving in Tales of Symphonia. It's a shame he's not in many other games as some sort of important character such as a lead or supporting character.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Dude, Scott Menville makes everything awesome; Scott was the voice actor for Robin in the Teen Titans show, Zephyr in Resonance of Fate, and Maximilian in Dark Cloud 2, also he was the first voice actor for Lloyd Irving in Tales of Symphonia. It's a shame he's not in many other games as some sort of important character such as a lead or supporting character.

Huh i never noticed that Robin and Max shared voice actors but Personally i didnt connect with the characters in 2 like i did 1 except for Gaspard i thought he was cool

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Huh i never noticed that Robin and Max shared voice actors but Personally i didnt connect with the characters in 2 like i did 1 except for Gaspard i thought he was cool

When I first played Dark Cloud 2, it was just a cool moment. Then I saw Teen Titans; nothing rung a bell since I was still young. It wasn't until I thought about them more and saw Resonance of Fate that I wondered if they shared the same voice actor and lo, and behold, they did.

Speaking of sharing voice actors, guess who voiced Cedric in Dark Cloud 2, Max Tennyson aka Grandpa Max in Ben 10, and Roy Campbell in the Metal Gear Solid series? It's Paul Eiding. He uses the same voice for all three which is his natural voice I think. Like Scott, I didn't connect him to them, but after watching Ben 10 and then hearing Campbell talk, I was like "Holy crap! It's Grandpa Max!", then I replayed Dark Cloud 2 and found it even more hilarious.

After a while, I developed an ear for voices and could recognize voices even when they're not so clear, well, mostly if I hear the person a lot, like Phil LaMarr or Nolan North, there's usually something that screams their name. Sometimes there isn't and that's awesome like Troy Baker as the (young) Joker or Keith Ferguson voicing Blooregard "Bloo" Q. Kazoo.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
When I first played Dark Cloud 2, it was just a cool moment. Then I saw Teen Titans; nothing rung a bell since I was still young. It wasn't until I thought about them more and saw Resonance of Fate that I wondered if they shared the same voice actor and lo, and behold, they did.

Speaking of sharing voice actors, guess who voiced Cedric in Dark Cloud 2, Max Tennyson aka Grandpa Max in Ben 10, and Roy Campbell in the Metal Gear Solid series? It's Paul Eiding. He uses the same voice for all three which is his natural voice I think. Like Scott, I didn't connect him to them, but after watching Ben 10 and then hearing Campbell talk, I was like "Holy crap! It's Grandpa Max!", then I replayed Dark Cloud 2 and found it even more hilarious.

After a while, I developed an ear for voices and could recognize voices even when they're not so clear, well, mostly if I hear the person a lot, like Phil LaMarr or Nolan North, there's usually something that screams their name. Sometimes there isn't and that's awesome like Troy Baker as the (young) Joker or Keith Ferguson voicing Blooregard "Bloo" Q. Kazoo.

Im good at recognizing certain Voice Actors like Paul Eiding, Quinton Flynn (Raiden from mgs) and Steve Blum (Oghren from Dragon age, Jack from Madworld, and millon other things)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Im good at recognizing certain Voice Actors like Paul Eiding, Quinton Flynn (Raiden from mgs) and Steve Blum (Oghren from Dragon age, Jack from Madworld, and millon other things)

Steve Blum also did Shockwave in Fall of Cybertron, I believe.

Top Bottom