• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Experiences With People In The Gaming Industry?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ha, you thought I was gonna follow up my previous thread with the opposite. Fooled you! I'm gonna do that later. This is one I wanna do first.

Have you ever had any experiences with people who are a part of the industry? Game developers, Youtube personalities, voice actors, journalist, etc. What are some of your stories?

I Played Mortal Kombat Against Ed Boon And Got My A$$ Kicked
getoverheretobereplacedwithmoveoverqueer.jpg

-
I was hanging out with my friend Dusty one day, and around the time MK just released, Ed Boon put together a Mortal Kombat event where we could actually challenge him. He made a room, and a ton of people joined. While it took us a long time to actually fight him, when we did, we lost. BADLY.

Ed Boon is a freaking beast with Scorpion. It's his favorite character, so I imagined he would be good, and he exceeded expectations. It was worth it to say I got my ass kicked by Ed Boon.

I Had A Brief Normal Conversation With Zoe Quinn About Video Games
quinn_3031105b.jpg

-
Some of you here are probably gonna look at me funny for associating with this controversial game developer, but whatever. I honestly don't have any hate for Zoe Quinn. I may not agree with how she's acted during some situations, but I always thought the harassment was wrong. Her sex life is none of our business. I don't care about her relationship drama and what not. And I don't care about that internet lynch mob. I had enough of all that when I saw a toddler throw a Gamergate on the floor at the grocery store the other day.

Anyway, I was hanging with another friend and fooling around on her Twitter account (I don't have one). A link journey lead me to her twitter page, and if I remember correctly it was a discussion about Final Fantasy I think that started it. (It was some RPG. It was like almost two years ago so my memory's fuzzy) but I remember talking about the characters , to even a little bit about her game "Depression Quest" since I also suffer from depression and can relate.

Other people were involved as well, and it was just a normal conversation. That's actually possible gamers. Crazy, I know.

I Met Johnny Yong Bosche
1262923_10151628350461313_2111160529_o.jpg

-Dats me in the red shirt, morphing with Johnny Yong Bosche and his band, royally messing it up because I did it at the wrong time. (could have at least warned me when you snapped the pic random lady) You all may know that he's the voice of a character in the series we all know and love. I didn't particularly talk to him about that, we were too busy talking about Power Rangers and music, but he's a really cool dude.

This picture was taken right after his band Eyeshine's show. We were right in front of the stage and made an impression in the audience. They handed us the set list. Awesome night.

So, that's about the only stories I have with video game people. I'd love to hear your experiences and stories. Comment below, let me know!

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I've had a few good Facebook chats with Jon St John(Voice of Duke Nukem), he liked my Sprite based animation videos, admires my huge Duke collection and has even made use of my Duke Nukem fan art at times.

Also while cosplaying as Sam Fisher at the Wellington Armageddon Expo last year, I had a brief talk with one of the Gameplay Designers of Splinter Cell Blacklist who moved to NZ, he was there as a normal guest and told me about his time working on Blacklist since I was the only one cosplaying as Sam Fisher there and he liked my cosplay.
He agreed that replacing Michael Ironside was one of the stupidest things that happened to that game.

Also I've met my fair share of voice actors, met Courtenay Taylor(Voice of Ada Wong, Jack from Mass Effect and female voice of Fallout 4) twice, also met Matthew Mercer(Voice of Leon in RE6) among many others.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was invited to a party hosted by PlatinumGames and got to try out Bayonetta a few months before release. The concept artist signed my copy of the Okami art book, I talked to the producers, Kamiya wasn't there but made a video, ate, drank some beer and whatever else they had and took some souvenirs home.

Top Bottom