• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Animate Series?

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i wish we could have seen the DT instead of it being hinted at that he used it (final battle)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It lacked an actual good consistent story. Some episodes were good, but others were boring with characters I don't care about, and a story that doesn't interest me. I only end up watching six of the twelve episodes.

I also didn't like how the characters looked. Patty looked fine and dandy, but I just didn't like the adults were drawn. They just looked awful and had such long faces. Lady was okay, and the waiter, but Trish, and the others were just awful.

Then there was the actual action. I feel like the anime didn't want to show any real stylish action and resorted Dante being a one trick wonder; "Swing your sword once and hope you hit something." It's like DMC2 where you can just kill demons with your guns. Don't even need swords.

However I did like this version of Dante. He seemed to act just as I'd imagine he'd act when not dealing with demons.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah I liked the series. Just a bit annoyed that the final boss was there from the start. A regular demon with superior demon powers.Would be better with a real demon boss but as the morale goes. He got the demon powers but not capable of using it. This Dante looks like he could take on anything. Wish there was more episodes. Well no need to complain on anything. The series was good all in all! Besides Patty Lowel is so cute. ^^

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
I enjoyed the series. I found it fun to watch Dante destroy demons (easily) without my need to hit a button over and over, and while the story wasnt completely amazing it still kept my attention. I kind of wish they made a few more I certainly would've watched them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought it was a good idea but bad execution as they made Dante dull. Its not a question of maturity, there was a lack of any character struggle so it became boring watching him go throught everything on auto-pilot.

the episodes that worked were the ones that didnt involve him.

Radicus

Eh, not so great, it's almost as though the anime studio got paid to make the anime and only had a half loaded page of the Devil May Cry Wiki page and a picture of Dante to go off of.
Plus I wasn't too keen on them still using the voice actor from DMC3 for Dante when the story was closer or after DMC1. (the voice actor just bugs me, didn't even like him in DMC4, just made Dante seem like he was going through a MAJOR mid-life crisis, being like 40 or 50 something years old and acting like he did when he was 18.)

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I enjoyed the voice acting from Lagdon...and getting to hear Dante swear:p I also enjoyed some of the plots, others were...meh. At least some of the episodes added to Dante's character, but I wish it had been more in line with his DMC3 personality if they were going to use Langdon to act.

The animation was good, maybe the style could have been changed a little considering sometimes the characters looked a little 'odd' somehow.
But what I didn't like was Patty. I assume she was there to cater to the loli-con demographic. She was high pitched and annoying in Japanese, and just the same in English. I just don't get how Dante could put up with a kid like that for so long.>_<

Also, I would have liked fights to be a little longer and a bit more stylish.

Overall though, I did like it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I always liked Reuben's voice. It fits Dante too well. And he even reminds me of Dante xD
I mean,look :

If this isn't awesome, I don't know what it is.

It's a pity he doesn't voice the NT Dante . :/
Langdon is DMC3 Dante. Good move putting him in that commercial dressed as Dante. I wish they'd made more out of it. Like promoting the game at conventions with him dressed as Dante.

As for NT, I would get a kick out of Philips doing something like that; dressing as DmC Dante considering they're the same face because of motion capture.^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i think it would have been cooler to see a anime based on what Dante did after DMC3 while he figured out how to be a hero because i think that Dante has more potential for cool stories than his older counterpart.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I found it a bit jarring, pointless, and really had no need to be part of the canon considering it makes no impact in DMC4. Dante looked like a long faced bishonen anime character, he was more boring then his DMC1 self, and the fights were short as hell. No DT? This isn't Devil May Cry.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I found it a bit jarring, pointless, and really had no need to be part of the canon considering it makes no impact in DMC4. Dante looked like a long faced bishonen anime character, he was more boring then his DMC1 self, and the fights were short as hell. No DT? This isn't Devil May Cry.

really? i thought he had more character in the anime than DMC1. he was like SMT dante in my opinion. plus, its an anime, not a game, dude. dante doesn't get style points for racking up combos in battles. but i totally agree that that hint of a devil trigger in the final battle was really not cool. it might have worked in another anime but we already know dante has a DT. don't tease us like that.

Top Bottom