• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AMV hot links now that I have more than 10 posts on this board

Tetsuya Azuma

Robot Hunter
Well apparently I didn't realize 'til just now that I made more than 10 posts and I didn't think I had, so now I can hot link the AMVs I made without problems. I already made a thread about them, but here's a new one. Back when I first saw the DMC anime, I came up with the idea for a series of AMVs for it using various Nine Inch Nails songs. The concept I had was sort of like how Marvel had paired AC/DC with Iron Man (see AC/DC's Iron Man 2 OST). I thought that some of the musical pieces in the background sounded like Trent Reznor could have done them. But when I came up with this concept, I had only seen the first 3-4 episodes, and none of the DVDs yet, and wanted to wait until I saw all the episodes and had the DVDs to do it.

The first video I made for this series was just a warm up video and not really intended to be any kind of masterpiece or anything. It's for the track "The Beginning of The End", which is from 2007's Year Zero, which coincidentally came out the same year the anime did:

The second video was for "Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now)" which is one of the songs I had in mind for using back when I came up with the concept for the series of AMVs. But as I memorized the song's lyrics more and the further I got into the anime, I wasn't sure if I should use it. But then later on I immediately thought of Dante's hatred for Sid, and then this song popped up again and I thought:"Perfect!":

The third idea is another one I in the beginning wasn't sure I should make because the lyrics are about a man who's been rejected by the general public and wants revenge. Plus the song was 5 minutes long (usually too long for an AMV, folks!) But part of me still think it would be a good song for a video about a bad ass hero kicking ass and taking names. And then I just went "**** it" and made it anyway, but trimmed the song down a little. This is for the song "Burn" from the Natural Born Killers OST (one of my favorite NIN/Reznor-related releases):

This one is for another track from Year Zero titled "Meet Your Master", but there isn't any real story for the inspiration for this one. I just thought it would be another cool video to make for this series of AMVs:

The concept for this one is a little hard for me to explain. It's for the song "Sin" from the band's first album "Pretty Hate Machine". I was fully aware of what the meaning of the lyrics were, but I really wanted to use it in one of these AMVs for some reason. Then I thought maybe I could try and interpret the lyrics differently and make it partially a romance-themed video (even though Dante & Trish didn't really have any romantic moments or any sentimental moments in the anime, but I was fully aware of their relationship in the game and how many people shipped them long before I even got into the series. And have the video make the song seem like it's about a failed or difficult relationship, but not really, and make it seem that Dante (represented by Reznor's vocals and lyrics of course) lives for his goals to protect the world from demons because of her. I also thought Trish looked good struttin' to the tune in one part of the video. And I actually like how it turned out in the end too.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The Meet Your Master one isn't too bad.

I couldn't really get into the others, because I've never been big on NIN. ^^; For one reason or another, they're just not a band I found myself listening to.

Top Bottom