• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AMD's NEVER SETTLE: Reloaded

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
VampireWicked suggested that I make a thread about this.

Hey, did you get the news about AMD and their promotions - I think that's what it's called? AMD has been doing this a lot and personally, it gives more incentives to purchase their products over nVidia which while offering more features does not offer the core aspect of owning graphics cards: games. Unless you're in graphics design, video making/editing, animation, etc., which require specialized graphics cards I believe.

Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite will be given free upon purchase of a Radeon HD 7800 series; 7850 1GB or 2GB, 7870 LE - which is like what a GTX 660 is to a GTX 660 Ti -, and 7870. Whereas purchasing a Radeon HD 7900 series card; 7950 and 7970 - I don't remember if the 7990 exists or if it's been released already -, will net you Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite. But, and this is a huge but, if you buy two Radeon HD 7900 series cards - for crossfiring or maybe for you and a buddy -, you will get six games - count 'em six games: Tomb Raider 2013, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, and Hitman: Absolution.

Before this promotion, "NEVER SETTLE: Reloaded", Sleeping Dogs was offered for the Radeon HD 7900 series and Far Cry 3 was offered for the Radeon HD 7800 series I think; it might have been switched around. I don't remember which one Hitman: Absolution was offered to. And before that, DiRT 3, DiRT: Showdown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Battlefield 3 - this was offered with either buying certain processors or graphics cards from what I remember -, maybe the previous Tomb Raider?, and a couple of other games might have been part of these promotions as well.

nVidia only had 3 promotions from what I remember; Batman: Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 3, and Borderlands 2. And you had to purchase anything above GTX X60 cards; Batman: Arkham City was offered with the GTX 560 Ti and above, Borderlands 2 was offered with the GTX 660 (maybe Ti) and above, and Assassin's Creed 3 might of been the same as Borderlands 2.

Considering that AMD is involved with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo for their systems; PS4 has an APU - basically a CPU (processor) and GPU (graphics card) combined - based on a future AMD APU processor, though slightly modified, Microsoft is rumored to use an APU from AMD as well and the Xbox 360 has a CPU and GPU by AMD, and the Wii U, Wii, and Gamecube all have GPUs by AMD, though like many console parts, they have been modified slightly. So there's probably good reasons that AMD can do these promotions more often than nVidia.

Anyway, I love that AMD has been consumer friendly these past years and try to give many incentives and lowering entry points for people who want to get into PC gaming but don't have much money to spare. And honestly, I would have preferred Sleeping Dogs over Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite since I love martial arts films and being in virtual Hong Kong would be nice. But hey, it's not going to be offered forever and two games over one is an amazing deal even if I don't have much interest in Tomb Raider; I have a little with Bioshock Infinite but because it's a shooter and I have trying to avoid shooters as much as I can since there's so many of them.

So for those of you who want to try out Tomb Raider and various other games, are planning on building PCs, or upgrading, check out AMD's promotion.

Also, for whatever reason, DmC: Devil May Cry was shown on the ad, but it's not part of the deal. Future promotion maybe?

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I know right.
Shin Muramasa found an AWESOME treasure, free gummy bears for all!
Funny, I don't remember where I found it though. Looking through Tom's Hardware, Kotaku, and Joystiq, I don't think I found them on any of those; Tom's Hardware has an article on it: AMD's Never Settle Radeon Gaming Bundle is Back, Kotaku has nothing but an article on Tomb Raider 2013 hair and AMD and other Tomb Raider related news, and Joystiq has nothing relating to recent AMD news besides the PS4, probably, and one on AMD's promotion from October 2012. And I don't think I decided at the time that is was a jolly, good time to go to AMD's website.

Thanks for the perfect thread! I'm going to get the Radeon HD 7950, which is the one that comes with Crysis 3 and Bioshock infinite, thanks for the thread again, and thanks Vampire! :D
Your welcome and have fun with Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite when you get your new graphics card.

Also, from what I remember, AMD planned on releasing the Radeon HD 8000 series this year, probably by summer. So this might be a way to get rid of old stock for the new stock. And according to the leak/predicted specs of the new graphics cards, they are going to be priced aggressively. I think the HD 8850 will be about the same price as the HD 7850 is now. I don't remember, it's on Tom's Hardware though, the article that is. Considering it's the next series of cards, they're probably going to be better in performance, maybe not too drastic since the HD 6970 is about as powerful as the HD 7950, but it consumes more power and maybe less memory. Well, with technology, having the latest will last you so long; about a year.

Top Bottom