• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Am I alone on this?

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I figured I'd like to share my opinion. Am I the only one who ****ing hates it when people eat ****ing loudly? I hate it so much, I just want to reach right over and pimp slap someone when they feel the need to chew on their gum like a cow. The noises, the sounds, the slurps, its so ****ing annoying. I get screamed at for simply suggesting to my parents that they close their mouths, they claim its 'too hard to do.' Well my mother anyways is like that, my father kind of understands now in a way. But seriously, the food smacking and slurping is god awful...

How do you feel about this?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I lol'd so hard at this because I am constantly telling my eldest child she eats like a pig in a trough. Seriously, I swear goldfish have better memory retention than she does when it comes to eating food. Gum is not so much of a problem because she rarely has it - but food in general? I just want to slam her face into her plate sometimes to try and knock some sense into her...no one wants to see, hear or be in the same room as someone who has their mouth hanging open as they eat, food slopping everywhere, making you sick.

BLACKSWIPE

Ugh I feel your pain. I can't tell you the burning passion that I have during my math class, I have an idoit who sits behind me and smacks her gum like a cow.

This is the song that plays in my mind whenever one of these idoits chews too loudly around me, the burning desire to horribly maim them runs deep.

I lol'd so hard at this because I am constantly telling my eldest child she eats like a pig in a trough. Seriously, I swear goldfish have better memory retention than she does when it comes to eating food. Gum is not so much of a problem because she rarely has it - but food in general? I just want to slam her face into her plate sometimes to try and knock some sense into her...no one wants to see, hear or be in the same room as someone who has their mouth hanging open as they eat, food slopping everywhere, making you sick.[/quote
I lol'd so hard at this because I am constantly telling my eldest child she eats like a pig in a trough. Seriously, I swear goldfish have better memory retention than she does when it comes to eating food. Gum is not so much of a problem because she rarely has it - but food in general? I just want to slam her face into her plate sometimes to try and knock some sense into her...no one wants to see, hear or be in the same room as someone who has their mouth hanging open as they eat, food slopping everywhere, making you sick.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Funny you post this, just earlier today I was getting real aggravated by a friend who I was speaking to over Xbox. It was just "Omch omch omch slurp homgh omch" repeated amongst him speaking for ****ing ages. It's even more annoying when you know they can just mute their own damn mic whilst their eating, especially if the mic has 0% sound cancelling :/

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It IS pretty gross. But I'm self-conscious about it anyway, I don't much like eating in front of anyone or of watching them eat or slurp. Or of anyone watching me eat. But in some places, slurping your food is good manners... :/

BLACKSWIPE

Ugh I'm at a relatives house right now, my uncle is across from me with his mouth open as he eats. Food spilling out and chunks flying all over the table.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Like that scene in Return of the King. Denethor dribbling tomato juice and chicken everywhere. Why did we need to see a close-up of that :/

BLACKSWIPE

Like that scene in Return of the King. Denethor dribbling tomato juice and chicken everywhere. Why did we need to see a close-up of that :/
I can't tell you the amount of giggling that came out of my mouth upon seeing that scene.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But in some places, slurping your food is good manners... :/
Yep, Japan with noodle eating. If you eat quietly, you get commented on to eat more loudly.
Personally, that kind of sound really gets to me if it's constant, but for a short amount of time, I can just about hold out.

Reactions: V

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I been taught as eating loudly is not polite, since I been with parents sometimes visiting some their friends or been In restaurant as everyone can watch me, so is hard to catch me eating loudly.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It only annoys me (to the point I'm going to either attack the other person or start screaming) when I'm suffering from PMS.
But then, just noisy breathing would be enough to set me off so....

I have a kid who doesn't know how to chew with her mouth closed. It's one of those things - closing your mouth while chewing and breathing through your nose - that she doesn't quite understand. So I tend to be in a separate area from her or occupy myself with something like headphones and writing when she's eating. :(

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I can chew with my mouth closed, but if i do i'll probably suffocate *nose doesn't work very well*

It only annoys me (to the point I'm going to either attack the other person or start screaming) when I'm suffering from PMS.
But then, just noisy breathing would be enough to set me off so....

I have a kid who doesn't know how to chew with her mouth closed. It's one of those things - closing your mouth while chewing and breathing through your nose - that she doesn't quite understand. So I tend to be in a separate area from her or occupy myself with something like headphones and writing when she's eating. :(

Perhaps that coffee would have to wait :p

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Protip, you're never alone on something and you're not the only one. :p

But seriously, I despise this, one of my friends makes a god damn habit of doing it on VOIP while we're gaming I swear purely for the purpose of annoying us. The amount of abuse I've hurled at him because of it, jeeeeeesus.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Protip, you're never alone on something and you're not the only one. :p

But seriously, I despise this, one of my friends makes a god damn habit of doing it on VOIP while we're gaming I swear purely for the purpose of annoying us. The amount of abuse I've hurled at him because of it, jeeeeeesus.

Now that's just impolite :p (if that's a word)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That's ill-mannered :/

that's why i don't like eating in public places because i'll obviously run into some schmuck who'll ruin the environment

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
What galls me the most is my nan who I'm convinced has no conceptions of anything near to good food eating etiquette (wow, just threw that word out there). She sips her coffee so loudly, she chomp chomp chomps on her food like a horse grazing. To place this in perspective, I have put up with this for all 19 years of my life so you can imagine how annoying it is for me to constantly put up with a person like that.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
I hate this, but there is something I hate more. When I was younger, I had this friend who ate a lot, messily, then used his Nintendo. It was caked in slime and mouldy pieces of food... it was horrible... and then he offered it to me to play... and I did to be polite... I'm scarred.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i hate people who eat loudly and also people who eat with their mouth open

mum: connor stop eating so loudly
me: -_- *isn't eating loudly*
mum: *starts eating loudly*
me: HYPOCRITE!!!

Gorbashou

Oh yes. I have this obnoxious friend that just decides to chew on chips, eat food and drink soda over the Skype chat while I play games with him. This bothers me to no end, not only is it highly annoying, but it is disturbing as well since you try to focus on something else and all you hear is someones chewing all the time.

Top Bottom